EPA recognizes low GHG attribute of Canola based bio-diesel

The EPA has given recognition of low GHG for Canola based bio-diesel. Exxon, through its Canadian subsidiary, Imperial Oil, is adding a 20,000 bbl/day bio-diesel plant to the Strathcona refinery near Edmonton. Love it or hate it, it’s coming. Enjoy.

516F8828-6AE8-4AA7-BB4B-D20913088E5C.jpeg
86B60EE5-5325-4682-9B01-D6DA325F88BF.jpeg

An additional push on the project came from the Province of British Columbia and they will be taking delivery of Bio-Diesel from the Exxon owner plant on the Trans Mountain pipeline.

Last edited:
I am always encouraged to see the production of fuel coming online. I don't care if it is fossil fuel or renewable, just more. If renewable, green, blue, purple haze or any other environmentally sustain fuel works without destroying what machinery I have, then great.

I just want choices, not mandated fuels causing higher prices. The US EPA has too much power.

I am always encouraged to see the production of fuel coming online. I don't care if it is fossil fuel or renewable, just more. If renewable, green, blue, purple haze or any other environmentally sustain fuel works without destroying what machinery I have, then great.

I just want choices, not mandated fuels causing higher prices. The US EPA has too much power.
I’m more interested to see which automakers say it’s ok to use. OIPS!!🙊🙊🙊🙊

Bio Diesel and Renewable Diesel are two different fuels.

I've been using the Renewable Diesel sold at 76 stations here for over a year now.

I wish they pushed bio diesel like they do ethanol. My trucks run noticeably better on biodiesel compared to regular diesel.
20% Biodiesel is everywhere here in the Midwest. I’m all for renewable fuels but I do see reduced mileage with biodiesel than regular diesel. I agree that biodiesel does run smoother than regular diesel in my Cummins.

Just my $0.02

a good use for Canola aka Rapseed oil as like other highly processed SEED oils on our grocery store shelves it should NOT be consumed by HUMANS!!!
I am in full agreement with you. It causes me massive acid reflux and other family members as well. You can not avoid it as it is in all foods pretty much, has bad after taste. Even some so called organic foods have it too, surprised me, as it is highly GMO'd.

Bio Diesel and Renewable Diesel are two different fuels.

I've been using the Renewable Diesel sold at 76 stations here for over a year now.
Renewable diesel from slaughterhouse waste is also a lot more friendly with DPF+SCR and EGR than biodiesel which Cummins wants to see 5% or less of, while Ford OKs the PSD 6.7 for B20.

Some of the local buses here run renewable diesel, TriMet in Portland, OR has all their buses on renewable diesel.

An additional push on the project came from the Province of British Columbia and they will be taking delivery of Bio-Diesel from the Exxon owner plant on the Trans Mountain pipeline.
Product from the Strathcona refinery, Base Line Road, Sherwood Park, Alberta is moved by rail.
Empty and loaded tank cars are received and delivered to CN & CP by Cando Rail.

Back