Entek Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello oil people.
I just ran across this site, cool.
Anyway... Has anyone heard of or use Entek "smokeless oil"?
I just bought a used, 203000 mile Acura and that's what I was told was in it.
I checked the oil dip stick and the color of the oil is clear, freaky!
I would like to know more about this oil.
I'm wondering if this oil is making my 203660 mile engine not smoke and run as smooth as it does.
I've just got the car yesterday.
Thanks for your time.
Billy.

I'm sorry but I have no information on this product that could even become helpful.

Might I suggest to goto the API site and verifiy api certs first, maybe goto the FTC site and verifiy any advertising claims. This really doesn't mean it's good, bad or just plain ordinary, but a starting point.

If you want to really see how well that oil is doing for your application, you can see if smoke is existant, any oil consumption is existant, and pull an oil analysis and send it in to see how it is holding up for your application. This will give you more data that will either support you using it or tell you to get it out.

sorry I can't give you any more direct info but by doing the analysis, You'll get more info on that oil than all the opinions on this whole board, including mine.

Let's see, how many disclaimers did I count????

Synthetic? Maybe Group III, but I doubt it. Why use a synthetic or Grou III in a smoker? Just put some STP or Bardahl in it. (see STP thread).

Well...the cars not smoking, so it either never smoked or the entek oil is working.

Like I said in my first comment, I just found this site last night.
You people and Bob the oil guy seem to be well informed, much more than I.

Now, after reading many post here, I don't know which oil to use!
smile.gif

Max life, Dura blend, Schaeffers. Store bought, mail order, gee wiz
smile.gif

Billy.

quote:

Originally posted by bejane:

Now, after reading many post here, I don't know which oil to use!
smile.gif

Max life, Dura blend, Schaeffers. Store bought, mail order, gee wiz
smile.gif

Billy.

Finding the perfect oil is like the search for the holy grail!
smile.gif

Truth is, there is no perfect oil, as everyone's situation is different. But it sure is fun
trying to figure all this fancy stuff out. I think I have 10w30 in my veins instead of blood!

tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back