ENI ANTIFREEZE BIKE S or Agip Permanent Spezial equiv?

Hi,
Is there an easily available to AGIP Permanent Spezial or ENI Antifreeze Bike S?

My bike came from the factory with blue coolant which had to be swapped under warranty with an 'urgent TSB' due to the original coolant eating the heads and then leaking into the oil - possibly due to heads that were slightly porous to begin with. The TSB had a lot more words, but said essentially, "

Ducati has decided to implement a new engine coolant type. The product - AGIP PERMANENT
SPEZIAL - has been tested under all use conditions and outperforms the previous coolant.

So, the original coolant, which I'm not sure of its makeup was damaging engines within 2 years of the bikes being built, and Ducati recommends the Permanent Spezial or now Antifreeze Bike S. Lots of people on the Ducati forums say - just run Dexcool, or Toyota pink, or other options, but I figure no one knows as much about coolant as this place.

Anyone familiar with it, and a suitable replacement? My local Duc dealer uses a green Motul that I'm not sure fits the bill.

use Glysantin G30 or better (G40, G65)

G12+ is the main spec this coolant aims for, same for all other european red OAT coolants.

Last edited:
Back