Engines runs quieter, Found a new stash, Life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After noticing a considerable improvement in engine noise after changing to GC from M1, I went back on the search.

First store I went to in downtown Grand Rapids had 17 M04's still on the shelf.

For those still in search of GC, here's a pattern I have found. The closer you get to the more urban, older parts of town, the higher your GC scores. On my trip to Chicago, it was apparant that the more upscale, nicer locations had been picked clean of GC long ago.(as verified by the employees)

My score yesterday was in a rougher part of town.

Have seen no change in mileage from M1 in either of our daily drivers.

Thank You Elves.
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 11secondoldmopar:
After noticing a considerable improvement in engine noise after changing to GC from M1, I went back on the search.

First store I went to in downtown Grand Rapids had 17 M04's still on the shelf.

For those still in search of GC, here's a pattern I have found. The closer you get to the more urban, older parts of town, the higher your GC scores. On my trip to Chicago, it was apparant that the more upscale, nicer locations had been picked clean of GC long ago.(as verified by the employees)

My score yesterday was in a rougher part of town.

Have seen no change in mileage from M1 in either of our daily drivers.

Thank You Elves.
patriot.gif

On behalf of the CLF (Clever Little Fellows) you are most welcome.
cheers.gif

Great advice! Thanks!
cheers.gif

I hit a Zone where I was the ONLY guy speaking English and found a major stash of M04.
The coolest part was the manager who was a Pakistani or Indian speaking Spanish to all the customers.
America is a great country!

WOW I guess I have to be hardcore to be a part of this club!! I think there is an autozone in the mattapan section of boston(lovingly nicknamed the combat zone) maybe if I sneak in there in the middle of the night theses elves will reward me.

Hit-up an AutoZone in a not-so-nice part of town a few weeks ago looking for more green GC. A pan-handler greeted me at the door looking for spare change, and I was fearing for the safety of my car in the parking lot due to all the shaddy-looking characters loitering around.

Ran inside only to find no GC whatsoever...all they had was 3 quarts of old Made in the US Syntec 0w-30. I quickly got the heck out of there.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

quote:

Originally posted by edvanp:
Being from GR, which rougher part would that be?
cool.gif

Relatively rough, by our sissy West Michigan standards. These came from the Autozone on Division Avenue, just south of Downtown G.R.

If you were to hear my wife tell it, we took our lives into our hands.....
cool.gif

I on the other hand was perfectly comfortable in the store. Just another auto parts store!
worshippy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back