Engines and oil filters you guys are using!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gottcha, I just thought you were questioning my statement about the china made filter being of better quality than the fram.
grin2.gif

I could care less where a product is made so long as the company putting there name on it or selling it, or both ensures that it meets the standards they requested.

Some of my EAO filters from Amsoil are made in Mexico and all the ones I have cut open are of a very high build quality and one that I haven't been able to match with other brands.
wink.gif

I just think it ironic that a filter made in a country synonymous with cheap, poor quality junk produces a filter of much higher quality than fram.

Switced from a briggs Extended Life 2x (yellow)2" to an Amsoil 4.5" EA034..runs good at the same temps. 20 HP Briggs V-Twin

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
I just think it ironic that a filter made in a country synonymous with cheap, poor quality junk produces a filter of much higher quality than fram.

Isreal can make an UZI & Nukes...but they also make Fram Air filters..go figure..

But..I love the orange color!

Thats great, you can have my share! BTW don't know if you ever held an UZI or not, but, not real high quality. Not designed to be.

Originally Posted By: Pete591
Switced from a briggs Extended Life 2x (yellow)2" to an Amsoil 4.5" EA034..runs good at the same temps. 20 HP Briggs V-Twin
The 57 will fit the same as the 34, but is longer if you have the room. (More Media and only $1 more up here)

Honda, in-line twin, liquid cooled, Wix filter.
JD, air cooled Kawasaki singe, Wix filter.
JD, air cooled B&S single, Wix filter.

Quote:
Does anybody know a larger filter# for the ELS Briggs?

What's an ELS Briggs? Every B&S I've ever seen would use a regular old Puro L10241 or FL400S, etc...

Originally Posted By: RWEST
Quote:

What's an ELS Briggs? Every B&S I've ever seen would use a regular old Puro L10241 or FL400S, etc...

yep, i use the L10241 on mine.

Originally Posted By: PurplDodge
#3: 24hp Briggs ELS v twin 5W-30 Mobil 5000, NAPA 1036 filter.

Nevermind, I changed the oil in it this weekend to Rotella T HD30 and a FL400-S filter. That Mobil didnt need changing but when it drained out it flowed like water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back