Engines and oil filters you guys are using!

Deere ZTR 25hp Kawasaki twin running on ACD and a pureone filter. Will be moving to a longer EAO filter still using ACD at the end of the season. Compact tractor 25 hp 3 cylinder diesel gets AME and factory filter. 4 cycle string trimmer gets ACD also. The push more is a bic.

Pete591

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
24HP B&S V-Twin with a Motorcraft FL-400S. Just gave away a tractor with a 20HP B&S V-Twin, same filter.
I assume this is the "longer filter" Anyone know what the Amsoil Ea ref # is? Who make the Briggs yello "2x" oil filter? Anyone know?

Last edited:
JD 345 20hp Kawasaki Liquid cooled, M1 5W-40 TDT, Napa Gold 1394 Snapper 16hp B&S Vanguard, M1 5W-40 TDT, Napa Gold 7035

FL400S == EaO34
I switched from the yellow B&S filter to ST3614 this oil change. That is on my B&S 14 HP motor with 230 hours on the motor. Could use a AA3600 or a FL400S I have in stock. These are the extended length filters I bought to use on my SL2 Saturn.

Haha... Briggs & Stratton 600 series, 675 engine. Splash lubricated running Craftsman 30wt. Running an E3 Spark plug in in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The filter that amsoil recomends is the EAO57, which is the same filter for the toyota 4runner, sequoia, & tundra with the 4.7L. Anybody think the EAO would be worth the money in the briggs? I'm currently running Amsoil ASE with a OEM toyota 4runner filter which is 4" long vs. the B&S 2" long filter. Dropped the FF at about 5 hours, and changed the filter. Motor is much much quieter now, and plenty of filtration. I can get the toyota filters for $40 a case of 10 including tax and shipping, at trdparts4u.com. Ive got the 20 HP B&S OHV motor in our new craftsman riding mower. Don't mind mowing the lawn any more; pretty easy to do now.

I don't think so. You would get such a long life out of that without an EaO it is not even funny. Still, it is neat, so do what you wish. I think what would extend engine life on these would be to install a adapter to route oil to a oil cooler. Possibly with a small temperature switched fan (maybe a pair of computer fans)... After a good mow on a hot day the oil is so hot it is incredible.

I don't think so. You would get such a long life out of that without an EaO it is not even funny. Still, it is neat, so do what you wish. I think what would extend engine life on these would be to install a adapter to route oil to a oil cooler. Possibly with a small temperature switched fan (maybe a pair of computer fans)... After a good mow on a hot day the oil is so hot it is incredible.
I use Wix oil filters for small engines. The air filters are wrapped with a foam filter which helps and protect the air filter element. This does prolong the air filter endurance....worth the extra.

Running a 17.5 HP B&S I/C (Industrial/Commercial) Twin II engine w/Cast Iron Sleeves. No oil filter. It always gets BP 92 Octane pure Gas. 13 years oil & it runs 3 hours wide open in very sandy/dusty conditions. Just changed the (home blended ...) oil yesterday after 30 hours use this year. It was dark. Put in: 18 Oz Maxlife 10-40 4 Oz Delo 400 15-40 2 Oz. MMO (1st time) Sound good?

JTK

Kohler Command 20hp. Supertech ST3600, MC FL400 or the Carquest/Napa eqivs are all I've ever run on it. If you want to go all out, some PH8A x-refs will also fit the Command twins(only 8A's with a slightly narrower O-ring). Currently it's got a an ST3600 and sump full of Shell RT 5w40. Joel

Last edited:
24HP B&S V-Twin with a Motorcraft FL-400S. Just gave away a tractor with a 20HP B&S V-Twin, same filter.
Man,why cant you live near me?? I never get any thing like that free. \:\(

Pete591

Any suggestions on an external cooler kit? oil filter sandwich adapter and hoses to radiator?