Engine stopping while throttled to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I run out of fuel just yesterday and engine stopped.Though it was intentional. i want to know the car behaviour when fuel empty indicator light come on. But on refuelling, the engine starts but could not move when accelerated.it just stop the engine, i remove the fuel filter,clean dirts,remove hose line clen and the fuel supplied cleaned. yet engine stops while throttle pressed or brake applied a little. What can i do?

check for vacuum leaks
wink.gif

if you have fuel then it could be spark or timing..or a massive vacuum leak between the servo and the manifold thats highlighted by stalling when you press the brake pedal

You also could have gotten some bad gas. Take a sample and put it in a clear bottle. If it settles into 2 layers after a couple hours it's bad. Also, if you pour some out on concrete or stone you chould be able to set it on fire with a match and it should burn for several seconds.

some vehicles shut off the fuel pump if the car stalls, may need to be reset to activate the fuel system. Its a safety feature.

Running out of gas is a terrible idea period. You can burn out the fuel pump and mess up the ECU. Try what the others said to try.

Hi all. still having issues on the engine.
The engine now fail to start,the tech guy check and confirm the fuel pressure ok. the injector nozzles was removed and engine cranks so the fuel is also confirm to be comming out correctly.now they suggests we check the timming.plan to open the engine to check tommorrow. what do u think?

yeah! I un hoook the batery for 1.5 hr and try but no result.
i ve change fuel filter too.
fyi.

Last edited:
Thanks to you all!!
This crazy engine finally start and run cool.....

My Experience!!!
The engine was opened and discovered i have broken cam shaft pin. the sprocket key way is worn,all the bolts holding the cam shaft broken,the timing is bad already!!!!

We change the cam shaft to another good one source from an old engine,
the chain was set up,with the new sprocket and everything coupled. We expect the engine to start but it refused again.

We check the valves ,all ok non bent.
The carbon deposit removed and the hooked springs was also freed.
Engine coupled and refused to work again.

We later wait another 3 days looking for solutions.

Wao!!!! At last its all about right timing.
A young guy in my street was met in the mosque and we discussed this issue. He spent just 20mins to resolve the issue,Engine now run cool!!!

Tahnks to you all once again.

Thanks to you all!!
This crazy engine finally start and run cool.....

My Experience!!!
The engine was opened and discovered i have broken cam shaft pin. the sprocket key way is worn,all the bolts holding the cam shaft broken,the timing is bad already!!!!

We change the cam shaft to another good one source from an old engine,
the chain was set up,with the new sprocket and everything coupled. We expect the engine to start but it refused again.

We check the valves ,all ok non bent.
The carbon deposit removed and the hooked springs was also freed.
Engine coupled and refused to work again.

We later wait another 3 days looking for solutions.

Wao!!!! At last its all about right timing.
A young guy in my street was met in the mosque and we discussed this issue. He spent just 20mins to resolve the issue,Engine now run cool!!!

Tahnks to you all once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back