engine oil from citgo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hew

hi,i'm new and i like to said HELLO to everyone over here. and i would like to know have someone tried citgo before. how it's performance?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sir1900
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Seems to be on par with other oil....

....if you don't mind supporting Hugo Chavez.

Yeah really. ^^^

Originally Posted By: sir1900
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Seems to be on par with other oil....

....if you don't mind supporting Hugo Chavez.

As opposed to al-qaeda

Putting Chavez in the same category as Al Qaeda is a bit absurd. His political views are his own and only a concern to Venezuela.

If its a quality oil, I'd buy it.

Originally Posted By: hew
hi,i'm new and i like to said HELLO to everyone over here. and i would like to know have someone tried citgo before. how it's performance?

welcome2.gif
to BITOG

It meets current specs and performs okay. Except to the political disdain for who owns it, it's a good product.

Originally Posted By: AlanRebod
Putting Chavez in the same category as Al Qaeda is a bit absurd. His political views are his own and only a concern to Venezuela.

+1

This isn't the forum, but that is very naive to think the leader of a country's views don't affect other countries. Venezuela is not self-sustained and self-contained.

I love those that love me, hate those that hate me, and love Mystik oil products so I buy them any way with resentment.

Our biggest enemies lie within our own borders in the form of phonies & sabotuers in positions of power thoughout the government & the private sector.

more koolaid plz ???

Last edited:
I would pass on Citgo motor oils. Citgo was one of the last holdouts to switch to Group II base oils for the latest oil formulations. Problem is they have a Group I base oil plant and are "looking" to use that oil somewhere.

In late 2008 it looks like they're trying to unload that Group I base oil plant… link

Citgo's Superguard 10W-30 is only SL rated (previous spec), so it quite likely has a good portion of Group I content. The 5W-20, 5W-30 are the latest SM spec., so they're going to be at least mostly Group II+, but coming from a company that is trying to unload their Group I plant, they still could contain some Group I oils.

Originally Posted By: Drivebelt
I would pass on Citgo motor oils. Citgo was one of the last holdouts to switch to Group II base oils for the latest oil formulations. Problem is they have a Group I base oil plant and are "looking" to use that oil somewhere.

In late 2008 it looks like they're trying to unload that Group I base oil plant… link

Citgo's Superguard 10W-30 is only SL rated (previous spec), so it quite likely has a good portion of Group I content. The 5W-20, 5W-30 are the latest SM spec., so they're going to be at least mostly Group II+, but coming from a company that is trying to unload their Group I plant, they still could contain some Group I oils.

When I worked in Auto Parts we had a lot of farmers & stuff want the superguard...being & SL oil, it is likely to have a good additive pkg with more ZDDP, etc.

+3

If I were to boycott all oils produced in countries led by industry nationalizing, power grabbing despots, that would sure put a lot of popular name brand oils off limits.

I was at our local farm store this evening (Atwood's - an Oklahoma based chain) and they had Citgo Superguard full synthetic 5/30 for $2.39 quart.

Politics aside, that seems to be an exceptional value for a full syn oil.

I picked up 5 quarts, and may go back and grab a few cases.

Originally Posted By: Win
I was at our local farm store this evening (Atwood's - an Oklahoma based chain) and they had Citgo Superguard full synthetic 5/30 for $2.39 quart.

Politics aside, that seems to be an exceptional value for a full syn oil.

I picked up 5 quarts, and may go back and grab a few cases.

Wow! I wish we had that kind of deal here.....

Originally Posted By: Win
If I were to boycott all oils produced in countries led by industry nationalizing, power grabbing despots, that would sure put a lot of popular name brand oils off limits.

This!

Originally Posted By: nutsbolts
Citgo products in bulk are top 5 cheapest avaiable.
good for some.
Javier

Citgo products always get the "low bid" contracts in my area. I have never been impressed with their product's performance in heavy equipment, but I know some of the members here have good results with their products in passanger cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back