Engine oil advice for Volvo D4 VEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I've been going through multiple different forums, but I've not got a straight answer to this question.

I have D4 VEA V70 2015 model, and it's driven for 370 thousand kilometers.
At the moment, I'm close to oil change (My routine oil change has been every 10k km), and I've bought 5W-40 to it.

So far my friends, few mechanics have told me that it's okay to use such oil in the car since I have the DPF disabled and same with EGR, so there should not be any carbon issues or so on.

At the moment the 0w-20 which is recommended from the dealer is getting lost in the motor (known manufacturer fault) approx 0.5liters per 1.5 thousand kilometers.

I've used in past 0w-30 oil in the car, that time the amount of oil lost in the engine between the oil changes was lower (2.5dl per 1.5k km approx) so I now bought 5w-40 Mobil Super3000 oil, and I hope it will stick in the engine.

Any worries or so on that could it damage the engine, while it should be protecting it more since the thickness and lower AB values?

mobil super will be fine if you have deleted DPF. I would use mobil1 0w-40 or the mobil1 esp 5w-30 in that engine.

Originally Posted by Bjornviken
mobil super will be fine if you have deleted DPF. I would use mobil1 0w-40 or the mobil1 esp 5w-30 in that engine.

Thanks for your reply.

I think I'll try 5w-30 ESP in the future, I assume 5w-40 will be fine for now. I hope it will stop the burning or at least reduce it.

The coprrect oil is a 0w20 that meets RBS0-2AE. I run Castrol Edge 5w30 that meets VW 504/507 in mine and its a bit quieter and no noticeable difference in performance or fuel economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back