Engine Oil Additives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Junior96Stang
Never use: "Additional engine oil additives,
oil treatments or engine treatments.

Does any ones car guide say the something about there engine. Don't feel safe using that stuff now.

Thay all say that, AFAIK. They don't know what you are putting in.

Originally Posted By: willix
You do not need any additives. That is spanking clean!

This shows a need for help;
100_1447.jpg

+1

also this one, MMO/synthetic (slow clean?) candidate! (for comparison purposes, for OP)

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0480.jpg

not to be funny, but that first pic looks very very clean, you can read casting numbers, thats amazingly clean.

i have 16 oz MMO on brand new hi-mi oil in 10W-30 on mine, they say i can leave it in for the oci? im worried!
27.gif
MMO is not OIL!

OTOH they call it an "UCL" what is upper cylinder lube ? isnt that in oil too ?

SuperFast, dude, you're really just over-thinking things a little(like me actually, I tend to do that).

You have chosen a cleaning setup. Try that for an oil change, or two, at NO MORE than 3k miles. If you are worried, just chop it off at 2000-2500 if you want.

If you aren't satisfied after 1 or 2 oil changes with the current 'cleanup' route you've taken try something like Pennzoil Yellow Bottle with MMO instead for 2-2.5k, or even an oil like PU or PP by itself would help as well...but IMO if you are on cleanup intervals it IS a waste for any brands higher end products. Which is why, IMO, a HM oil like Valvoline MaxLife, or even PYB is just fine but you really should add something for the last 500-1000 miles on top of it, if you aren't using MMO from the start in the first place that is.

After 3-4 OCI like that, drop the oil pan/pull the valve cover and see if any progress has been made. If not? You may at least be conditioned for something more aggressive now, after going the first route, that probably wouldn't have been as effective had you just thrown it in there without starting the cleanup process already and risked too much sludge coming loose at once.

100_1447.jpg

What oil has been used for this Volvo engine? What has been the oil change interval or how often has the oil been changed?

Thanks! Should I stick with my oil then, or should I change to Syntech for now.

2saihs1.jpg

looks like your having great results with the gtx hm, why change it up?

Originally Posted By: electrolover

2saihs1.jpg

looks like your having great results with the gtx hm, why change it up?

Yeah, I'd only change if I were completely finished with cleanup work and wanted to run a full synthetic of preference.

Originally Posted By: LOLVO

What oil has been used for this Volvo engine? What has been the oil change interval or how often has the oil been changed?

I robbed that image off google images.

2saihs1.jpg

Just keep using what you have been. That looks very clean in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back