Engine Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 (Both of em) everytime I change oil the engine is Noticably louder than say when the oil has 100 miles on it. Once the oil has been in their for a resonable amount of time then the engine quites back down to normal (for a 4.0 atleast). Any idea what causes this ?

I'm not trying to be funny in suggesting this possibility: As soon as you have finished the oil change, you crank up the engine with the hood still open. Before the oil pressure builds (and with the hood still open), you notice how loud the engine sounds to you, and this memory stays with you for another hundred miles. Once the hood is closed, the engine is actually as quiet as before, but the memory still persists.
Otherwise, there's always the oil shearing down to a lower viscosity theory.

[ August 27, 2006, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Tosh ]

Heres the thing tho. Even the guys at work go "Just changed your oil dint ya". Cause they always say that it always sounds just like a diesel when I do.

quote:

Originally posted by adam123:
Heres the thing tho. Even the guys at work go "Just changed your oil dint ya". Cause they always say that it always sounds just like a diesel when I do.

Use a different oil filter. Yours probably has a faulty clicker valve ADBV that has drawn a fair share of complaints here.

Just went thru this ordeal with my Bosch filter. Hopefully Bosch doesn't install these on their new Purolator-lineup.

One jeep is using Mobil 1 EP 10w30 and the other Valvoline Maxlife 10w30. Both with a Pureone filter at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back