Engine is more noisy with PP in Nissan Sentra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have suggested two of my friends to try the new PP as they are running a lot of rebates recently. But both of my friends seems don't like PP. One is 95 Nissan 200SX, same as Sentra, with around 160K on clock. He can hear more noise from engine when he accelerate. He used to use Mobil regular Syn. Another friend with 97 Nissan Sentra, with 70K on clock. He feel the same thing. He used to use Mobil EP. Any comments?

In that case I will recommend a high quality 10W-40 like Valvoline MaxLife. That should quiet down your valvetrain nicely.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:

quote:

Originally posted by Clyde65:
Go ahead and try a 40 weight. MaxLife 10W-40 or Synpower 5W-40 are both awesome oils. (In my opinion of course).
smile.gif

A little partial to Maxlife are we?
grin.gif

Well, free is always good. I got 5qts free from the rebates running recently also.

I have a 2.0L Mazda DOHC engine, and my last two 5k OCIs have been with PP. There may have been a little bit more valvetrain noise with PP than with M1 in the past - both in 10w30 viscosities. Just changed to Maxlife Synthetic 10w30 and it has definately quieted down, especially at start up.

Maxlife syn is a "thick" 30wt at 11.6 or so, compared to 10.3 or so (last time I checked) for M1 and PP. It was also free after rebate, so give it a shot and you won't loose any cash.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
There is an easy solution to this problem. Get rid of the Nissan's and get Honda's. Honda's love PP, at least my three Honda's do.
grin.gif

I experienced excessive noise with Mobil1 5w20 and after switching to Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 the noise silenced. 2003 Accord 2.4l IVTEC 48000 miles.
crushedcar.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
There is an easy solution to this problem. Get rid of the Nissan's and get Honda's.

Yea but if he is talking about the SR20DE engine it will run on water. I don't believe the origional premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back