Engine Heat and the Additive Pack

Don’t confuse sump temperatures with the oil’s ability to work at the lubrication point. I have been on the Dyno with engines that were iced before making a pull and evaluating oils where I know where the heat activation point is. The oil responded as it should as there is plenty of heat at the lubrication point for the additives to be activated. This is all with a sump temperature of under 100F.

I consider sump temperatures the minimum temperature, it's only going to get hotter until it's going back to the sump.

Only Germany, and there are relatively few stretches of unlimited Autobahn anymore, and there are speed cameras everywhere all over Europe now.
In Bulgaria for exemple the speed limit is 140 mph.
Of course in YAris or other small car 1.3 up to 80-90 hp to reach 140 mph to evade trucks it , you need 5000 revs.
In my corrola 1zz fe you are obliged to reach 140 mph and reviving 4000 , 45000 not to be in trucks line. Just highway traffic.
Anyway I learned sth important in Hpl’post.
And that was OP question, I think.

Well, I can't argue with that. Wait, I can. For my cars, the highway is where they run the coolest. I can easily heat things up getting them on track or just running them hard on the street. This doesn't seem like a crazy concept. Pushing a car down the highway at low RPM/low power output makes less heat than accelerating with high RPMs.
That is when cooling system is dependent on single control point: mechanical thermostat.
Modern vehicles, or BMW’s in particular since 2004 have ECU controlled cooling system. More heat=more efficiency.
For example, my BMW runs 109-113c on steady hwy speeds. When I track it, coolant temperature is as low as 78c! It has 4 different temperature set ups. It is controlled by activating electric water pump and thermostat.
New BMW’s use mechanical water pump but very complex thermostat. And, most modern vehicles moved to this direction.

Of course in YAris or other small car 1.3 up to 80-90 hp to reach 140 mph to evade trucks it , you need 5000 revs.
In my corrola 1zz fe you are obliged to reach 140 mph and reviving 4000 , 45000 not to be in trucks line. Just highway traffic.
In Bulgaria speed limit is not 140mph but kph. Yaris can reach 140mph only if you push it over 30th floor.

In Bulgaria speed limit is not 140mph but kph. Yaris can reach 140mph only if you push it over 30th floor.
. I was thinking about Corolla - mot de frappe.
The Corolla speedometer shoes 140 mph. 1 zz fe, anyway.
In bulgaria we have also jokes about bmw - in translation, acronyms( mixing water and oil together). E36 is the last one real bmw.

As others have said, your Corolla, or a Yaris, is NOT capable of 140 MILES per hour.

It is barely capable of 140 KM per hour.

That is roughly 87 MILES per hour.

it's 140 km/h, not mph.

mph again?

hmmmmh?

edit: I'm slow.......

Interesting so many Bulgarians out there, I have to send a pic of speedometer.
When some years ago some of the newly build highway ( without cameras), I tried the Corolla than - alone, I know it’ a not reasonable but 1zz fe is a nice engine and I reached 190 kph without really problems, a little bit shaky but it’s going strong.
The reels problems with bmw’ s owners a that the pars are expensive ( some kind of modules - zgermans love to put 3 in 1 ) and even powerful engines a lots trouble with them - changing oil 2 years or 15 k miles. The zf automatic are lived sealed ( not to change the oil) etc.
ok, with bmw you can easy reach 140 mph (again) but the speed limitation in USA?
Also probably the drifting is a big joy….

my friend a former Ducati dealer was visiting Ducati on the company, they gave him a scooter to ride + he noted PEOPLE drive like CRAZIES over there!! a few years ago a top Moto GP racer was killed riding a BICYCLE in Europe, most people myself included have NO idea how fast things happen at very high speeds!!!

Back