ENGINE FLUSHES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did several engine flushes on my 99 Crown Vick.It was done before i knew this site existed.The flushes were all done by the ford dealer.The car has 102k.I won't do that anymore after what people said about it.Was woudering does the dealer have a safe way of doing it or not?I'm worried about the seals&etc if it did any harm.Either way i'm done with them as i don't go for long oci anyway.

I took it to Pompano Lin/Merc as they have done work for me in the past.I have alot of family in the Pompano area so i'm up there alot&their open Saturdays.I'm down in Aventura right now. I have no idea what they used as i never asked.I just assumed they knew what to do.But you never should assume anything so i should have asked.My fault.
offtopic.gif
I have friends in the Doral area.

I work at Lincoin Mercury Dealer in York, Pennslvania. Im not sure if its all the same equipment but we use a Blisten Engine Flush Machine. It seems to work extremely good and I would trust it even if it does use a solvent cleaner.

The Bilsten flusher is fascinating. But these Redwood folks are recommending a flush every 3000-mile oil change. Beyond overkill!

Thank you Vepec and Tallpaul.I will call the dealer next week and ask them what they used to flush the engine.I hope they did use the Blisten Flusher.Hard to beleive they would recommend that evey 3k.That make no sense at all.My last car was a '88 Town Car.I put 200k without any flushes.Just OCI every 3k or before.No engine problems with that car at all.Just regular maten.That was the best car i ever owned in my life.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
The Bilsten flusher is fascinating. But these Redwood folks are recommending a flush every 3000-mile oil change. Beyond overkill!

Engine flushes? I don't believe I ever had this service offered to me by a dealer, or anyone else. A transmission flush-yes, I've had a couple of them, but no engine flushes in 52 years of driving; no oil related problems, either.

By the way, TallPaul, your stash would last me until I was 104, assuming it is synthetic.

Oops, I meant to say the Redwood folks recommend 3000-mile OCIs and a flush every third OCI. I wonder what kind of flushing fluid they use--something like Marvel Mystery Oil maybe?

1999nick. About half mystash is synthetic. I have three vehicles and I figure I am good for about 5 years. Couldn't resist the deals. Hey, I see Pep Boys has Maxlife on sale again.
grin.gif

miami-dade,

have you been to www.crownvic.net

I have a '96 CVLS and '01 GMLS.

It's an awesome forum for CrownVic, GrandMarq, Marauders and even Linc owners.

A few of us here on Bob's site have Vics too (AstroVic, DarkDan, ULVER) and belong to cv.net.

I found out about this site from the cv.net forum.

Before knowing about Bob's site and cv.net, I had used SeaFoam and Berryman's Chemtool as engine flushes (idle only, no driving around).

Both sites kind of frown on the subject of flushes.

Auto-RX is big here. Do a search. I have never used it but there seem to be a lot of happy users here.

While the flush machine could remove sludge in the oil pan, it would not be able to remove sludge from the piston rings, and I doubt it would even be able to remove much sludge from the under the valve cover area.

I called the dealer and they said they use the Bilsten flusher system.They also told me it's a great machine and does a super job of cleaning the engine.They also claim it does not harm the seals or anything else in the engine.Thats what they claim.

Since most everybody here seems to frown on engine flushes and i change my oil every 3-4k using semisyn anyway i don't plan on doing it anymore.

"If it ain't broke; don't fix it"

So, what's a "...super job of cleaning..." mean? I'd say it means everything, and it means nothing--i.e. meaningless noise...

My $0.02

quote:

Originally posted by MIAMI-DADE:
...They also told me it's a great machine and does a super job of cleaning the engine. They also claim it does not harm the seals or anything else in the engine. Thats what they claim....

It sounds like they're telling you exactly what you want to hear.

Keltas

Thats exactly right.

The only reason i did it in the first was because it came a package deal if you changed your tranny fluid&coolant&had your injectors flushed that came with it to a tune of 260 bucks.

All the is recc. every 30k according to ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back