EnergyCel and FrictionFree 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.antismog.info/products/EnviroKit/index.htm

A few people on the acura-legend.com forums have mentioned using this "Friction Free 3000" product and I came here to research it up a bit yielding no results. I wanted to perhaps introduce this product to you all to see what you can dig up about it.

EnergyCel was a product that has not been used by my friends from the forums, someone else discovered it while looking up Friction Free 3000 and I wanted to mention it as well because it sounds very interesting. It claims to expand the fuel molecules (unclump them) so that your gasoline burns more efficiently. Apparently it is a magnetized hose that goes around your fuel lines to accomplish this.

What do you all think?

While I cannot comment on the products, I just want to make a remark that "TM" doesn't mean anything "special" nowdays.

Caveat Emptor.

quote:

Originally posted by z00mz00m:

EnergyCel was a product that has not been used by my friends from the forums, someone else discovered it while looking up Friction Free 3000 and I wanted to mention it as well because it sounds very interesting. It claims to expand the fuel molecules (unclump them) so that your gasoline burns more efficiently. Apparently it is a magnetized hose that goes around your fuel lines to accomplish this.

What do you all think?

I think that most of these products have proven to be a waste of money. Not sure about the first one.

Well I ordered a couple bottles of Friction Free 3000 (FF3k) today. My friend said his lifters are still silent and I'm looking forward to trying this stuff out.

You see, in our G1 Acura Legends, it is very difficult to be completely rid of lifter ticking. I believe it would take 3-4 treatments of Auto-RX to get most of our engines back into the states that they were in when they were without ticking.

I've done 2 treatments of Auto-RX and I had very quiet ticking while running Havoline 10w-30, but now I just changed to Pennzoil 5w-30 and the ticking has come back. Rather than change my oil again soon I figured I'd give FF3k a try.. I can only hope that it works.

I just put an energycel on my F250 diesel this past Tuesday morning and don't yet know about any improvement in my mpg. I do notice a smoother running engine and feels like better power. My best friend put one on his F150 gas burner and is getting an extra 5-6 mpg. That is what made me put one on my truck. I will let you know about my mpg after i know more. I am already getting 16.77 mpg before installing the energycel, but with fuel prices what they are, i will take all i can get.

Friction Free appears to be another "RESTORE" type product in different packaging.

As for EnerCel, the physics of a static magnetic field just cannot do what is claimed. At $250.00 this is indeed a ripoff.

Another silly fuel line magnet. If you want a fuel magnet, go to RadioShack or disassemble some blown speakers or a crashed harddrive.

I'd love to see a VOA of FrictionFree3000.

I can't believe that a possible "snake product" would cost $250. Most people don't mind dumping $20-$50 on a "instant gratification" solution, but $250?

reminds me of a late night comercial that used to run about a dieting pill.. "When is a dieting supplement worth $155? when it works!"

i'm not even sure if $155 was the exact price or not.. but basically, they were selling a dieting pill of some form or another, and selling it based on price.

The theory "it's got to be good, look at how expensive it is." Doesn't always play out.

Almost every market has a place for this kinda product.. most familiar to me being home audio. Very very minor differences in "high performance" "precision" audio equipment can come at a HUGE price tag. The difference in listening performance between at $1000 amplifier that is built with value in mind, and a $50,000 amplifier, is often only measurable by very sensative equipment... but people pay.

It's time to put on the hip boots with the pricing info starts out with, 'a small one time investment...'.

My brother tracks his mileage, does a lot of driving, and wanted to find a way to improve it. We saw an add for a similar product. This one sticks on the gas tank and costs about the same. I told my brother that I put one on his pickup and he should keep checking his mileage to look for an improvement. He immediately got a 2-4 mpg increase on his Toyota Tundra V6 and was really impressed. The problems with the testing was that I did not put anything on his gas tank or in his gas. But he got the increas in mileage he was looking for. This kind of thing makes it hard to evaluate any product. People often find just what they are looking for.

quote:

Originally posted by LarryL:
It's time to put on the hip boots with the pricing info starts out with, 'a small one time investment...'.

My brother tracks his mileage, does a lot of driving, and wanted to find a way to improve it. We saw an add for a similar product. This one sticks on the gas tank and costs about the same. I told my brother that I put one on his pickup and he should keep checking his mileage to look for an improvement. He immediately got a 2-4 mpg increase on his Toyota Tundra V6 and was really impressed. The problems with the testing was that I did not put anything on his gas tank or in his gas. But he got the increas in mileage he was looking for. This kind of thing makes it hard to evaluate any product. People often find just what they are looking for.

Great proof. I used to stick speaker magnets on the tanks of our truck. Thought you know, it may help keep magnetic stuff out of the fuel lines, or it may just be there the nexxt time i need a magnet

There is nothing in the fuel that magnet modify! And now they have an ionizer pad that you put inside the air filter to ionize the air for better combustion and increase mileage, what will they think of next!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by mdocod:
reminds me of a late night comercial that used to run about a dieting pill.. "When is a dieting supplement worth $155? when it works!"

i'm not even sure if $155 was the exact price or not.. but basically, they were selling a dieting pill of some form or another, and selling it based on price.

The theory "it's got to be good, look at how expensive it is." Doesn't always play out.

offtopic.gif

LEPTOPRIN !!

Yeah that ad is heelarious. Really crafty in a way. "leptoprin" sounds close enough to several prescription drug names that people may be misled. The price is $153. Why? Because it must be worth that. $150 would seem like an arbitrary round number whereas $153 seems like it may be based on the cost of the materials, or some type of prescription cost.

Although you can't fault them all that much compared to fuel magnet boys. Leptoprin is a combination of ingredients that may promote weight loss, its just that you can buy the same ingredients for $20 elsewhere.

The fuel magnets are pure snake oil. Leptoprin is more like if somebody re-bottled Valvoline Oil Supplement (or some other actual product that is really just an enhancement of additive packs) and sold it for $25 a bottle. It's not a totally fictional product, just not worth that price or that hype.

quote:

This one sticks on the gas tank and costs about the same. I told my brother that I put one on his pickup and he should keep checking his mileage to look for an improvement. He immediately got a 2-4 mpg increase on his Toyota Tundra V6 and was really impressed. The problems with the testing was that I did not put anything on his gas tank or in his gas. But he got the increas in mileage he was looking for. This kind of thing makes it hard to evaluate any product. People often find just what they are looking for.

Exactly LarryL, the placebo effect gives you exactly what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back