Eneos Sustina 5W-30 2013 Subaru WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! Been almost a year since I posted my last UOA! Figured I should check how my engine is doing since my last UOA! It's been about 19,000 miles and here is the results! Car has a stock motor with all major bolt ons, fuel pump and 1000cc injectors too. Car is Pro tuned by M.R Performance in westbury ny. Please let me know what you guys think. Black stone says everything looks great! OCI are 4k

Thanks!

-Greg

[img:center]http://[/img]

Last edited:
Given that BMW and Merc have beaten the snot out of M1 0W40 and have it on their (very very very) extended drain intervals, I tend to agree that would be a good place to start (and finish)

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Sorry, but your ultra high VI 5W30 became a 20 in that OCI

Regardless of shear, the report looks great. Turbo subarus are hard on oil, and generally not the best vehicle for extended drains for that reason. The OP would be perfectly fine keeping 4-5k miles intervals here.

I bet the turbo isn't liking it. At a minimum, if a 5W-30 is the recommended grade, I'd at least use the M1 with it's HTO-06 certification. If a 40-grade is approved, it's back to the 0W-40.

With the proper oil, maintenance, and monitoring, any engine can achieve extended OCI.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Sorry, but your ultra high VI 5W30 became a 20 in that OCI

Regardless of shear, the report looks great. Turbo subarus are hard on oil, and generally not the best vehicle for extended drains for that reason. The OP would be perfectly fine keeping 4-5k miles intervals here.

1000 cc injectors? whoa. i'm guessing you're pushing a lot of air through that engine to need 1000cc injectors...to which i'd say good looking report! (how much power bTW). my wrx chewed through thinner oil. i ran a 10-40/ 20/50 blend to keep it in place. no TBN?

Originally Posted By: GregWRX
How can you tell it sheared to a 20W? I'm a novice at this stuff, still learning the Data sheets.

When the viscosity at 100C drops below 9.3, the oil is considered a 20 grade.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/viscosity-charts/

If I ran Sustina 5W-30, I'd mix in two quarts of 0W-50. Or just do like many other Subaru enthusiasts and run Mobil1 0W-40, RT6 5W-40, or Euro Castrol 0W-30/0W-40. I thought Dave at Performance Auto Solutions owned L.I. Subaru tuning.
smile.gif

-Dennis

Last edited:
Do you Subaru guys have any issues with smoke on start up? My brother has a 13WRX and is throwing a puff on start up. He commutes home about 70 miles on the highway at night (rolling 85mph) then the next morning consistently gets a puff of blue smoke. The car is stock, has 25,000 miles. He doesn't think it's a big deal, I disagree. Car is maintained correctly and by my standards not abused.

Shark, that is normal. Most turbo cars do that. It's called blow by. He can reduce blow by and knock by installing a Air oil separator. I have one on my wrx because the more power you make the more chance of blow by is going to occur. I bought the IAG Performance AOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back