Eneos CVT Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I don't have a car that has a CVT (transmission) however yesterday, I was listening to a local (car care type) radio show where the moderator was talking about the CVT transmissions. This guy has a shop and is a big advocate of AmsOil, and advocates everyone to use AmsOil, however he said that although AmsOil is presently working on a CVT Fluid, it is not ready yet. Because of this, he had to buy fluid from each individual car manufacturer at a very high price. (I.E., Nissan fluid for Nissans, Motorcraft CVT fluid for some Fords, etc) Said that he found one CVT Fluid that he can use in any CVT car. Eneos CVT Synthetic Fluid, made in Japan. He as stocked up on it and uses it while he waits for AmsOil to come out with their CVT Fluid.
(I told you this guy loves AmsOil products!)

Another interesting fact he stated was that some manufacturers say that when changing CVT fluid, to "measure the size of the particles that drain out". He said, "what the hey". Particle? Is this a self destruct thing? (this is my words, not his). Best change that CVT fluid when the manufacturer says to change it.

I googled Eneos Fluids and found that they make Full Synthetic Engine Oil and Full Synthetic Transmission Fluids, CVT and Dextron/Mercon. (Did not have any of the newer Dextron/Mercons listed.

Redline makes two types of CVT synthetic fluids. Just FYI. Mr. Amsoil would probably rather wait than run another synthetic. CVT's are definately interesting technology but nothing I would ever want in my car or truck.

I doubt Amsoil is going to make a CVT fluid soon. The CVT market is projected to decline significantly over the next five years, so it's unlikely that Amsoil will jump into that market.

There are many different types of CVTs on the market and CVTs are very different than your standard stepped gear automatic. An universal CVT fluid just sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back