Eneos 5W30 vs Idemitsu Moly

Hi guys,

I can't seem to find any updated VOA's for the moly contents.
Does anyone know which has more moly, the Eneos or Idemitsu 5W30?

There are different forms of molybdenum. You cannot just go by ppm numbers.

There are different forms of molybdenum. You cannot just go by ppm numbers.

So if I want the old school one that Toyota uses which brand do you recommend with the same high content of 700ppm?
I sure wish Toyota just made a 5W30 synthetic in the US.

So if I want the old school one that Toyota uses which brand do you recommend with the same high content of 700ppm?
I sure wish Toyota just made a 5W30 synthetic in the US.

Idemitsu makes the Toyota branded oil in Japan. Here in the US it’s Mobil.

If you really want a high moly oil then go to a Mazda dealer or shop online for the Mazda Moly oil, also made by Idemitsu. It is pricey though.

This would be my suggestion.

Why did you think those 2 specific oils would have more?
Seen the VOA's posted

Seen the VOA's posted
You linked Toyota and Redline.

I'm asking about Eneos and Idemitsu, the two you referenced in the thread title.

Many of these reports are old and may have changed with the recent reformulating to GF6/SP. So moly counts may not be accurate until we see newer analysis reports.
Yup. GF6/SP changed quite a bit in relative terms from the oils of yesteryear. They got Kendall to take out titanium out of their GT-1 Max. /squint

Yup. GF6/SP changed quite a bit in relative terms from the oils of yesteryear. They got Kendall to take out titanium out of their GT-1 Max. /squint

I noticed that. Valvoline was using titanium as well. I don’t know if we have seen a recent report on them?

I noticed that. Valvoline was using titanium as well. I don’t know if we have seen a recent report on them?
That’s what I didn’t understand was Magnatec and Edge still have Ti so why did Kendall remove it completely. Buncha crap.

Back