Eneos 0W-20: going into 01 Accord 2.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing OC shortly. Haven't heard much about this at BITOG. Need some opinions. Plan on 10k OCI w/ M1 filter, car has 180k, usually M1 5W-20, never a UOI done on car, uses 1 qy/1500 mi. Car driven by 19 yr old female (step daughter 1.5 hrs away at school), maybe warm up period, maybe not. 75% hwy, 25% city, no leaks. Oil was free. Honda spec is 5W-20.

Why waste synthetic on a car that is using one quart every 1500 miles????? 0W20 is just fine but that's an expensive habit for that particular car. My 2.4l Accord ran M1 0W20 from 3500 miles on but it used no oil in five years of ownership. The 2001 model has a 2.3l engine by the way, they are known oil burners at higher miles.

Thanks RTexasF. Better off in the future to use a HM oil or maybe higher viscosity? Would this help the oil burning issue with these engines? As for the 2.3 vs 2.4 issue, I must have had my 09 Accord on my mind...

Run Auto RX or Lube Control LC20 with the Eneos and see how oil consumption looks

Or use same program listed above with Redline 5W-20 oil

Make sure daughter has extra quarts of exact same oil and that she checks oil level regularly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back