End Of The Line For Dodge Challenger and Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad, the Challenger and Charger are still selling relatively well. The 300 sells ok, and with absolutely no advertising.
I have a 2006 Magnum R/T and love the car. If anything happened to it, I would consider a Charger as a replacement. 392 scat pack if I could find one.
I like the look of the 300S but they don’t offer it with the 392.
seems like with companies going “all electric” consumers are losing choices. No problem with EV for short to medium commutes, I prefer V-8 RWD while I can get it.
True and with some companies trying to go 'all electric' they will lose some business as well, especially when you are expected to pay now and get the vehicle whenever they are finally able to make it happen...

Glad those gas guzzlers are going to be phased out. They are horrible for climate change, for one's retirement fund, and many "family man" types take money from their families so that they can indulge themselves with these $40k+ toys. Their cost of ownership is very expensive, and so now what will man-children buy instead? Lets hope they put the earth first, their families first, and their retirements first....3 firsts!
You say 'man-children' like that is a bad thing!?!

Last edited:
I see more large middle aged women with football jerseys on in these two vehicles than illegal drug peddlers, but I supposed this is area specific demographics.

I find the types of people in types of cars intriguing. Sometimes it is comically predictable - the mentality of the driver and the vehicle they choose.

NO interest in newer vehicles for two reasons COST + too many trinkets + few manual trannys, + there will NEVER be a hybrid or full ELECTRIC ride in my garage!!

Over the years, Avis occasionally upgraded me to a premium class rental, which was often a loaded Chrysler 300. My daily driver is a s class, and I have to say I was always impressed by the 300. But I am also very impressed ever time Avis gives me a Toyota Corolla, and how well built the Corrola is.

They buy this:

The perfect car for a “man-child” and his “man-child” best friend to make the ultimate beer run with. 😎🍻🍺🍻
F93696EF-E821-466C-B1E4-3C2643CB3610.jpeg

NO interest in newer vehicles for two reasons COST + too many trinkets + few manual trannys, + there will NEVER be a hybrid or full ELECTRIC ride in my garage!!
I can see an electric car as a daily commuter vehicle. Low maintenance and makes perfect sense for the right length of commute.
I will always love a RWD front engine V-8. Maybe because that’s what I grew up with, or maybe just the sound of the V-8 and the feel of RWD.
FWD is very different when you push the car.
I also enjoy a manual transmission ( too bad the Magnum never came with a manual, and yes I know there are ways to convert, but IMHO, too expensive and complicated). Unfortunately, most people today have no connection to their cars, other than as a status symbol of their wealth. The car may as well be a refrigerator to most folks.
The manual transmission and performance aspects, including the “feel” of how the car responds and operates, enhance the connection with the machine. Somewhat of a “lost” pursuit to most these days.

I can see an electric car as a daily commuter vehicle. Low maintenance and makes perfect sense for the right length of commute.
I will always love a RWD front engine V-8. Maybe because that’s what I grew up with, or maybe just the sound of the V-8 and the feel of RWD.
I also enjoy a manual transmission ( too bad the Magnum never came with a manual, and yes I know there are ways to convert, but IMHO, too expensive and complicated). Unfortunately, most people today have no connection to their cars, other than as a status symbol of their wealth. The car may as well be a refrigerator to most folks.
The manual transmission and performance aspects, including the “feel” of how the car responds and operates, enhance the connection with the machine. Somewhat of a “lost” pursuit to most these days.

....and the 'feel', you called it out! For me, feel isn't necessarily about extreme handling, acceleration, etc., more of a connection with the machine. Hard to describe, and I admit that I am at the extreme but, if someone were to say "you can have any current car, or a Lotus 7 for a cold Fall weekend..", I'd probably grab my hat and gloves... I just don't see electric cars bring that feel, at least not to me, maybe (probably?) for a daily one day, but not beyond that.

Dude, get a life.
”to curse the earth” ??? What caused the end of the great ice age? V-8 ICE were not around back then.
seriously is this guy trying to get me to say something that will get me banned?
A bit heavy-handed aren’t we????

How are we supposed to get around?
Check into what EV batteries are made of, and how the base metals are mined. I guess we will have to go back to unheated caves and eating berries to save the earth.
Sure Ice Ages are cyclical, GRADUALLY...the climate change we have now is ABRUPT...get it now? Heavy-handed? Not for those who read books, are educated and stay aware of things here on earth.

Sure Ice Ages are cyclical, GRADUALLY...the climate change we have now is ABRUPT...get it now? Heavy-handed? Not for those who read books, are educated and stay aware of things here on earth.
Sorry, but even if you could mandate that everybody had to follow your lead, it would have basically no impact on the rate at which the climate is changing. The problem is so far beyond that. China's emissions are the highest in the world, higher than all other nations combined:
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 5.43.34 PM.png

Canada drops off the chart after 2016, not even registering, as does France.

Most of this is from coal:
1660081681922.png

Now, you might think, "well, for the US, 27% of emissions are from transportation!" and that's true, but transportation is more than just passenger cars. In fact, 43% of that 27% are vehicles that aren't cars and trucks, so in reality, even if you were somehow able to eliminate the emissions from all passenger car transport in the US, that would only reduce overall US emissions by 15%, and it does nothing about China. In fact, it would arguably increase emissions in China because that's where most of the mining and processing for the batteries happens.

Chirping the segment of the population that drives less efficient vehicles might make an ENGO feel good, but this impotent posturing and flagrant disregard for the scale of the problem does nothing but create a bigger divide on something that's already a wedge issue. You aren't going to win anybody over by trying to make them feel stupid and ignorant, and the reality is that most of your ilk aren't as educated on the subject as you profess to be anyways.

You do not know me. I do not know you.
I have not questioned your education or intelligence. I remember in the 1970’s that scientists were warning of a new ice age, and that we would all be living in arctic conditions by the 1990’s.
You may also remember the “California is going to sink into the sea” predictions decades ago. We were taught in school in 1979, that in 20 years, all fossil fuels would be exhausted globally.

Weather changes on the Earth. Pollution is bad. We need to to work together in order to keep the air and water clean. We agree on all of this.

I am not a “man-child” or a Neanderthal for wanting to drive a V-8 RWD ICE powered car.
Nor am I “taking money from my family” to drive a 2006 car that has been paid for long ago.
Are you as critical of the person who “takes money” from their family so they can drive a Tesla and feel like a big shot?
What about all the people who drive a Prius but fly all over the world for business and useless vacations, burning up tons of acrid jet fuel?

Lets not get personal since we don’t know one another. Keep it light, and find common ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back