Empty lots

And they also mail licenses now due to a security change, at least a lot of places do.

So, you got handed one, some places either cut that step out or tell you to watch the mail.

Mine came up for renewal, it is getting mailed, didn't even have to go at all.
What I had to do required an office visit.

It really is rough out there. A coworker and friend of mine was smashed into by a drunk driver on his way into work the other day, destroying his older Chevy 1/2 ton pickup. I've been poking around online trying to find a suitable replacement. It's nuts. Even if you can find a ~4yr/old chevy with ~50K miles on it, they want $38K for it.

We're actually starting to get more vehicles. They are mostly trucks, SUVs, and CUVs, though there was also a Corvette and some ZL1 or whatever Camaro. I haven't seen a brand new Spark or Malibu in months or maybe a year, I guess those all go to rental companies or just aren't worth the effort right now. The trucks sell pretty quick, and things like Suburbans and Tahoes are often sold in transit. Right now if you want a pretty run of the mill 1500 crew cab we probably have about 5 to choose from, and if you want a Blazer or Traverse we can probably get that. If you want a Suburban or Tahoe, better buy it in transit.

Service and parts have been pretty wide open. I have the misfortune of also being involved in Kia collision parts and that is INSANE right now. I'm convinced more than 50% of Kias are involved in a collision before their first oil change, but I don't have time to prove it because I am constantly selling parts for them, and it's not even really my job, but the volume is just overwhelming right now. We are literally waiting on quantities of 40+ for individual part numbers...40+ special orders for things like a single part number of an air box resonator or something. It's nuts.

If you buy a new(er) car, or probably any car right now, the biggest mistake you can make is wreck it. Don't do that. You're going to have rental car problems too, so just don't. People need to calm down and stop tearing up new cars. There's a thing going on and supply chain this and that, so drive safe. Stop blowing red lights, stop TikTokking on the phone while driving, or be prepared to wait when you tear your transportation up.

We are starting to get some new trickle in, but we are only at 20% at max of usual. Owner is smart and is buying tons of late model used of all makes so we are doing ok....most local dealers are bare lots

We have many rams waiting to be driven by transport and there is a shortage of drivers for the trucks

Been getting all of the models just random what comes in. doesn’t last long when they do.

What's torturous is that production of these chips will never be decentralized as that's an affront to "efficiency".

See how efficient it is folks?

Another torturous thing is that the consumer doesn't have a mechanism through which to say, "Gimme a more basic vehicle".

I also understand that many would not ask for a simpler vehicle.

I haven't seen a brand new Spark or Malibu in months or maybe a year, I guess those all go to rental companies or just aren't worth the effort right now.
We have rental companies asking to buy our inventory. They have had their new car supply significantly reduced, at times cut off completely.
Low margin business for car makers, OK in good times, not so much now.

I just checked my Hyundai dealer in golden Colorado which is a suburb of Denver not out in the sticks.
They have a total of 35 new vehicles on the ground, thats nothing for them.
A lot inbound.
I remember when they would have 35 of just one model.

Seeing a fair inventory on Toyota in my area. Virtually 0 Hyundai and Kia. A few Mazda and Honda. No Fords. Tons and tons of used car inventory at ridiculous prices.

I would say the vast majority of people dont care about what engine or transmission a car has.
Does it have enough high tech?
Do I like the color?
Are the seats comfortable?
Will my friends and co workers be impressed?
In that case the vast majority of people are not pure drivers.

I get what you're saying though I simply disagree the car has to be amazing on the road for me.

I would say the vast majority of people dont care about what engine or transmission a car has.
Does it have enough high tech?
Do I like the color?
Are the seats comfortable?
Will my friends and co workers be impressed?
As to comfortable seats, I did not like the seats in mind so I went out and found some seats from a luxury model and had them installed since I was not confident of my ability to install them myself leather seats in my car I'm actually putting them in right now driving because obviously I do a lot of driving so I can fix that problem.

You're saying that most people just want to buy the car and be comfortable as is out the door with zero modification and I agree, all I'm saying is I will blow their doors off.

You're saying that most people just want to buy the car and be comfortable as is out the door with zero modification and I agree, all I'm saying is I will blow their doors off.
Easy to do when "they" didn't know they were racing. The large majority of people here aren't into blowing doors off either.

What are you driving?

Easy to do when "they" didn't know they were racing. The large majority of people here aren't into blowing doors off either.

What are you driving?

What are you driving?
You would have to know you are racing to find out, I believe in built not bought my friend.

Cute comment.

Back