Emergency Towing Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to decipher the manual in my 2015 Tacoma regarding emergency towing points. I am assuming that Type A refers to a situation where you only attach a recovery strap to 1 point, and Type B refers to a strap long enough to attach to 2 points.

Am I interpreting this correctly? The manual doesn't really say, except for the 2 arrows. Thanks for any advice.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 10.27.05 AM.png

For anything other than moving the truck on a flat surface, you'll want to attach to both points.

I think they are saying that some trucks may be built out with only one hook. The main purpose of these hooks is to tie down the new vehicle for transport by ship, rail car, etc. to the dealer.

I've found that in Toyota manuals, Type A and Type B denote differences, so agree with mk378.

I'd be inclined to use both if possible....one is ok with someone in the towed vehicle. Two most definitely if towing with a tow bar.

Originally Posted by mk378
I think they are saying that some trucks may be built out with only one hook. The main purpose of these hooks is to tie down the new vehicle for transport by ship, rail car, etc. to the dealer.

That could be. The hook on the passenger side is for TRD Off Road models, which I have, and I do have both hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back