Elves' favorite filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of filter do the elves recommend for use with GC? Should I go with a Fram Double Guard, Pennzoil, or Honda OEM filter on my 2001 Honda Odyessy V6 when running Syntec 0w-30?

Also, what do the elves think of additives such as Slick 50 and "synthetically formulated" STP Oil Extender?

Napa Gold

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by netsfan:
What kind of filter do the elves recommend for use with GC? Should I go with a Fram Double Guard?

Also, what do the elves think of additives such as Slick 50 and "synthetically formulated" STP Oil Extender?

The elves just fainted.
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by netsfan:
What kind of filter do the elves recommend for use with GC? Should I go with a Fram Double Guard, Pennzoil, or Honda OEM filter on my 2001 Honda Odyessy V6 when running Syntec 0w-30?

The Elves recommend you use a Purolator Pure 1 or a NAPA Gold with your GC. The Elves DO NOT...you know, like in DO NOT approve of polluting their elixer with these foreign substances you mention...in fact, if you DO use them, they will withdraw their magic from the oil being used in your vehicle and any in a stash you might have... UNTIL your promise never to mention OR TRY such a thing again. (The Elixer will still be the Elixer, which makes it better than other oils BUT it won't have the extra benefit of The Magic.)

From what i know bosch used to make real good filters until they moved production to mexico a few years ago and now there average at best.

You seem to be intrigued by additives and is probably the reason you are looking at the Fram Double-Guard, since it supposedly has PTFE Teflon inside. This is a major advertizing point. I'm not going to get negative on Fram here, but suffice to say if I had to use one it would be the X2. I don't want PTFE in my engine.
spaz.gif

The Pennzoil filter is made by Fram.

GC is fully formulated and doesn't need the additives.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
The Elves recommend you use a Purolator Pure 1 or a NAPA Gold with your GC. The Elves DO NOT...you know, like in DO NOT approve of polluting their elixer with these foreign substances you mention...in fact, if you DO use them, they will withdraw their magic from the oil being used in your vehicle and any in a stash you might have... UNTIL your promise never to mention OR TRY such a thing again. (The Elixer will still be the Elixer, which makes it better than other oils BUT it won't have the extra benefit of The Magic.)

That would be my choice the PureOne or mabye an M1 filter if i felt rich.

The elves have given an exemption to LC users right?.

Also NEVER use slick 50 i dont know about the other crap but stay away from slick 50 at all costs. Slick 50=
crushedcar.gif

The elves are quite happy with my choice of a Mann filter on my Beetle (Mann being a german company), however, they jury is still out on the Beetle being made in Mexico.

quote:

Originally posted by kcryan:
[qb]The Elves recommend you use a Purolator Pure 1 or a NAPA Gold with your GC. The Elves DO NOT...you know, like in DO NOT approve of polluting their elixer with these foreign substances you mention...in fact, if you DO use them, they will withdraw their magic from the oil being used in your vehicle and any in a stash you might have... UNTIL your promise never to mention OR TRY such a thing again. (The Elixer will still be the Elixer, which makes it better than other oils BUT it won't have the extra benefit of The Magic.)
That would be my choice the PureOne or mabye an M1 filter if i felt rich.

quote:

The elves have given an exemption to LC users right?.

Yes, they have...not without quite a bit of soul searching, but given an exemption they have.

quote:

Also NEVER use slick 50 i dont know about the other crap but stay away from slick 50 at all costs. Slick 50=
crushedcar.gif

offtopic.gif
PS I don't think I have ever told you guys this, but the Elves love Abba music when they are riding around...may be an acquired taste for some of you...but if you want to make them happy...
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rcy:
The elves are quite happy with my choice of a Mann filter on my Beetle (Mann being a german company), however, they jury is still out on the Beetle being made in Mexico.

Yes indeed, Mann and Mahle filters from Deutschland are quite right as well.

I found some AC Delco Ultraguard Golds, and that's what I have on my car now...so far it's a match made in heaven.
fruit.gif
Perhaps we could add this filter to the Elven Approval list?
dunno.gif

The Elves were quick to give their blessing on this one...but they emphasized that this should not be construed that ANY filter will get the nod of approval...in fact, the list is pretty much played out.

PS There is a certain maker of a number of different popular filters of which the Elves were quite fond...they now have deep concerns about that maker...please do not ask them for a name as German Libel Law is quite strict. If you think you know who it is, you probably are right.

[ May 21, 2005, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bighead:

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rcy:

I found some AC Delco Ultraguard Golds, and that's what I have on my car now...so far it's a match made in heaven.
fruit.gif
Perhaps we could add this filter to the Elven Approval list?
dunno.gif

The Elves were quick to give their blessing on this one...but they emphasized that this should not be construed that ANY filter will get the nod of approval...

bowdown.gif
cheers.gif

The elves love the M1 filter!
smile.gif
I am running the M1 filter on my VW GTI 1.8T. It was scheduled for an oil change today, but I'm only at 4500 miles, so I'm going to go at least another week on the GC.

offtopic.gif
Keep this on the D.L., as it would make the elves very upset. When I change the oil next week in the VW, I will be using M1 0w40 & a Purolator Pure One filter. The M1 0w40 seems to keep my engine very clean. The car seems a little happier with GC, but the engine doesn't stay as clean. I'm going to start alternating between GC & M1 every other oil change.

quote:

I second that..a German filter for a German synth oil.

For me, an oil filter has to be..."Mann-made".
grin.gif

My Pure one did well during my last 6500 mil GC run(with coolant leak).

-

The best filter for the best oil.
wink.gif

-T

Well, I ran 9k with an M1-301 and 2oz of Auto-Rx, is the magic still intact in my 54 quart GC stash??? I really don't want to offend the elves or their representative(s).
bowdown.gif
wink.gif

I just picked up two Pureones for my next T&SUV interval and next winter's GC or XD-3 interval.

quote:

Originally posted by Sparkman:
Well, I ran 9k with an M1-301 and 2oz of Auto-Rx, is the magic still intact in my 54 quart GC stash??? I really don't want to offend the elves or their representative(s).
bowdown.gif
wink.gif

I just picked up two Pureones for my next T&SUV interval and next winter's GC or XD-3 interval.

Rest easy...the Elves do not remove the magic for non-Elf-genehmigt (non-Elf-approved) filters, only for adulteration of the Elixer itself. You are safe!
grin.gif
cheers.gif

PS For those of you that are saying...wait a minute a Mobil1 filter is a high-quality high $$$$ filter...you mean it is NOT Elf-approved...stop and think about it (I was very bold
wink.gif
in giving you a hint).

[ May 21, 2005, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back