Elio Motors. Would you buy one?

Nope. Looks like death on three wheels. The only possible upside is that when you get in a wreck, they will not have to pull your mangled body out to bury you because it doubles as a coffin.

I am interested in them. I do worry about the number of delays. When they first hit the media they were saying late 2013, then late 2014, now i hear sometime in 2015.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
Nope. Looks like death on three wheels. The only possible upside is that when you get in a wreck, they will not have to pull your mangled body out to bury you because it doubles as a coffin.
I like things with two wheels, so that three-wheeled cage would be a real safety boost.

If I didn't already have a paid-off sedan that gets better than 40 mpg on almost every tank, I'd consider it for a commuter.

Huh. Given the argument over in Tires I wonder how well his will handle in snow. With snow on front. And an all season on back.

I have been following them. I think I would buy one. As far as safety, it is expected to perform well in government crash testings. All of that being said, I would probably wait a little while to see how everything turns on. Not sure if this company will be able to keep the doors open. I'd hate to have a new $7k vehicle and then have 0 support for it. But I like what I see so far. This would save me an incredible amount of money in fuel savings driving to and from work.

No fuel isn't that expensive. Buy a bike or a car, their is a reason three wheelers have never taken off.

friendly_jacek

I'm intrigued about it and personally would consider it for city driving only, but I get better city MPG in my prius already. Time will tell how reliable this will be and I would stay away from the first year of production.

For a city car for which it is designed, heck yeah I'd consider one, but going over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house, probably not.

I would buy one stricly as a commuter to keep miles off other vehicles. However I don't see it happening its just delay after delay

i think its pretty cool. Heat, a/c, manual trans, front wheel drive, cheap what else could you ask for.