Elf 5w30 C4, C3??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can you tell me about an oil with this rating:
ACEA 2007: C4, level of performance C3
It is an Elf oil 5w30 and I am going to use it in an jeep 4.0. Do you advise against it? Reason for asking is that it is on super sale but I was looking for A3,B3 or API SJ...

ACEA C3 is Low/Mid-SAPS and designed for use in vehicles which have emissions systems which are used in markets which low sulphur fuels (ULSD in the US and ULSD/Gasoline in many parts of Europe).

ok, we have ultra low sulphur gas (and diesel) but also 5-10% ethanol in the 95 regular gasoline... Maybe I should go with another oil

Originally Posted By: lars11
ok, we have ultra low sulphur gas (and diesel) but also 5-10% ethanol in the 95 regular gasoline... Maybe I should go with another oil

maybe see what MB or BMW use for their gasoline powered vehicles? They have both a spec which is ACEA C3 (MB 229.51 / BMW LL04) and a spec which isn't ( MB 229.50 / BMW LL01).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lars11

As JAG mentioned this may not be a long OCI oil but that wouldn't deter me from using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back