Electrified Land Yacht

Noticed a dealership not too far away has a car not seen too often. Kinda surprising as long as it's been out and quite low in mileage for whatever reason. Likely a serious money pit at this point, but I think the design is still quite awesome and imagine was cutting edge for the time. For some reason that dealership lists it as being electric, but clearly looks/reads to be a hybrid.

At first glance, I thought that was a Viper.

There's a guy out on the west coast that has converted a vintage beetle to electric and hauls his ebike on the back.
1685549740290.png

Last edited:
I think the Fiskers were electric only.

There was one horror story where the car sat for too long, self-discharged, and needed a battery replacement - for $40K. Yikes!

Worst buy ever, it is a hybrid with a 2.0 ecotec turbo and a small battery that is very expensive and like the rest of the parts is not available.
I looked into these when new, not to buy but curiosity, it was a dud when new with the original battery having issues and a short life.

I've always thought they looked cool, but like Trav pointed out, they were not well thought out and expensive. When I lived in Las Vegas the Jaguar dealer I used for my cars was also a Fisker dealer. I remember when they took the signs down when they went out of business. I know they're back with their new SUV, but they were stagnant for many years. I'm not sure if it was bankruptcy.

I've never had a chance to drive one, but I would if the opportunity came up. I don't have an interest in buying one though.

Yes.....but, yes please......
Save yourself some money and get the real deal. Instead of some pieced together abortion, from a poorly run, resurrected company, that could very well be in more financial hot water than a alcoholic degenerate gambler.

Back