Electric vehicle recharging station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dedicated to J.B.
wink.gif

-

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/moribundman/ev.jpg

Most electric vehicles have that their charger incorporated onboard and all they need is a 110 volt or 220 volt outlet(and in some cases they both work), and they can charge, it doesn't take anything special. The GM EV1 and a few other auto manufacturers just used "charging stations" and special 'charging wands' to draw attention and to pull extra money from the people who leased the EV1 and other electric vehicles. GM took more money for their household external charger than what an internal charger(which is plenty small to fit inside the car), is worth.

I didn't see any option to pay, so I assume charging your vehicle there (in the Presidio) is free.

I won't be commenting on the "vechiles"
wink.gif

Interesting, didn't know they had something like that down in the Presidio. Was the other parking space also spelled wrong? I've seen some kind of charging thing at a Costco parking lot in the East Bay. Don't know if they have that there.

I don't know for how long that charging station's been there. It may have been installed recently, as Lucasfilm has moved some of their facilties into the Presidio and the place is at least partially being developed. I saw plenty small electric vehicles, mostly for park service staff, I guess. As for the spelling, I'm afraid that's just me having fun.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back