EIP debit card

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you lost or shredded yours, don't call Meta Bank. It's a waste of time. Call instead 800/240-8100. You'll get a person who will solve the problem.

I haven't had a debit card, ever. Credit union sent me one once and I exchanged it for an ATM card. Debit cards have none of the protection of credit cards.

However,

Why would you get a card from a bank you've never heard of if you don't have an account there? Was it tied to some sort of loan? I get junk mail all the time with phony cards in it but just toss 'em. I'm sure blind solicitations get less than a one percent response. Why did you call them?

Last edited:
I came close to shredding mine because it looked fake and did not have an explanation with it that satisfied me. Fortunately I didn't.

Originally Posted by csandste
Debit cards have none of the protection of credit cards.

That's simply not true. My debit card from my local federal credit union has the same protections as a credit card. I am not responsible for fraudulent activities made on my card by others and my bank accounts are protected from someone trying to gain access with my debit card.

I have not inquired if I can freeze payment on a faulty sale like with a credit card, but that has never been a problem for me.

"Visa's Zero Liability Policy* is our guarantee that you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your account or account information. You're protected if your Visa credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used, online or offline. "

And, my credit union offers me the ability to lock/unlock my card whenever I wish: "To block your cards immediately, Visa Card Lock gives you card control at your fingertips by letting you lock or unlock your debit and credit cards in ComputerLine or the mobile app."

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Is this that $1200 that people got a month or so ago?

Yes, if you paid someone else to file your taxes with the IRS, you get a prepaid/debit card instead of a check.

I threw mine away and had to order a replacement. (The card had my first name, and my wife's last name.) That was interesting when they tried to validate my identity over the phone.

The website is an absolute disaster. I created an account simply to transfer the funds on the debit card to my checking account. However, my bank has an "&" in the name - the site wouldn't accept it.

Questions been answered. Topic of the payments has been covered extensively already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back