Einzett Perls Shampoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
I just used Einzett Perls shampoo for the first time today. My car had a fair amount of dirt on it, but I didnt have time to do a good clay, wax, etc. I just wanted to clean it up for the time being.

Einzett Perls shampoo claims to have "polymer technology" which not only cleans gently, but leaves a "lasting shine" that keeps it glossy and protected.

I poured the product from the bottle and was suprised how runny it was. As I filled the bucket, it foamed, but not to the same extent. I used a special sponge bought at CMA, which is gentle and moves the grime away to prevent swirls. One thing that I noticed is as I moved around the car, I used a LOT more water from the bucket than would be typical. By the time I did the whole car, I had used about 90% of the water in the 2-gal bucket. Essentially, the shampoo changes the surface tension and wettability in a holding structure, and so it stayed wicked in my sponge at a greater amount. This same quality also caused the shampoo to stay on the surface almost as a "coating", it looked like a thick layer of water on the surface, tough to explain.

So it absorbed in greater quantities (didnt run out as fast is likely more accurate), stayed on the painted surfaces in a coating for a longer duration, and then rinsed very nicely from the surface.

Also very interestingly, the water pushed off the surfaces and I was able todry to paint much easier than usual. When done, the car had a glow that was very nice, it looked as if I had just waxed it, with an added depth that typically doesnt show from just a car wash (let alone given that I havent waxed the car in months, and it is silver, so it isnt neccesarily prone to "popping"). My wife noticed it too, though she didnt know that I had used a different shampoo. SHe asked me if I waxed or did something to the paint because of how good it looks.

I also have a bottle of Autoglym, which I intend to use because it claims to leave a rust inhibiting film... May use this in a spray gun to wash the underside too. Autoglm I assume does a similar thing - anyone have experiences???

I highly recommend Einzett Perls shampoo to anyone, it is definitely worth the price and the quality result is extremely nice!

I get 10% off from CMA, so I order everything from them when hey offer free shipping or some good sale.

http://www.properautocare.com

Classic Motoring Accessories in Tampa, FL area. Great company, excellent customer service, been at the detailing supply game a long time.

JHZR2 - Sounds like you enjoyed Perls. It certainly has its fans. You are right, it leaves a slight protective coating on the paint which makes it easy to dry and reduces water spots. Perls is great for those who have to deal with hard water as it has a strong sheeting action. Perls does not suds much, or at all.

1z Perls is something like ONR washing but doing it the traditional way. It is low sudsing so it seems to rinse/dry easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back