effects on oil due to daily use of block heater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canuk,

"hey are definitely worth it. When I go out in the morning when everyone else is scraping and scraping for 5 or 10 or 15 minutes, I just unplug the heaters and coil up the cords. Then I get in the car and fire it up like it is summer time, and drive off, since the interior is warm and the windows are completely clear of frost. The engine doesn't even go into fast idle most times. I assume that because of this, the engine is running cleaner and more efficiently as well. Also, the oil is getting less contaminated.

All this benefit for less than the price of a small coffee. "

Just got an idea or do they call it a "hair?"

Why not develop a combination interior heater/coffee maker. That way, when you get into your car, you have about three cups of coffee to consume along with your Apple Strudels.

shocked.gif

MolaKule Wrote:

"Why not develop a combination interior heater/coffee maker. That way, when you get into your car, you have about three cups of coffee to consume along with your Apple Strudels."

Now MolaKule, don't you think that three cups of coffee and an Apple Strudel every morning would eatup the fuel savings and reduced engine wear savings of the block heater?

offtopic.gif
Seems to me that when I drink alot of delicious COLD Canadian beer I don't care much about the effects on my oil or engine. Even on the coldest mornings.
cheers.gif
So I think beer is the answer to any of these questions !

PS never drink and attempt to drive
nono.gif

[ November 20, 2002, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Terry ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back