Effective Deodorant Hunt.

I've found it impossible to find an effective antiperspirant/ "pit stop" recently. Have you gentlemen any recommendations for a guy who is in need of help? My section of the country is rather warm, Covid distancing has been a godsend, but with social distancing being dropped I need some help.
Thanks
Smoky

FWIW there are deodorants and anti-perspirants and the two overlap somewhat. A simple deodorant covers up an odor with perfumes and an anti-perspirant contains a heavy metal to keep the bacteria count in check along with an aluminum compound to block sweat glands. Generally a simple deodorant isn't all that effective since you can still smell any objectionable odor through and along with the heavy perfumes.

Don't eat garlic. Daily application of soap and water. Works for me. If you use deodorant, change to anti-perspirant.

No deodorant ever worked for me for more than couple weeks, except for Amway one. Keeps working great for years. I don't care what people say about the company and it's principles, but I sure as heck do care about performance. And nothing over-the-counter even comes close in performance. I've tried everything, mean it.

Try switching to just a regular deodorant and see if that helps for a bit. Our bodies tend to acclimate to antiperspirants, meaning they become less effective as time goes on. The aluminum blocks the seat pores, but our bodies notice this and start trying to produce more sweat to clear out the pores. It can become a losing battle. I for one produce insane amounts of sweat when I use an antiperspirant for a long period of time. I produce no noticeable sweat when using just a regular deodorant,

Hope this helps.

Just posting this for personal consideration. I am not a medical expert nor do I play one one TV.

My late mother had dementia and my wife and I were her primary caregivers. Needless to say if there is even a hint of the cause of this from anti-perspirants, well then you can guess which way I leaned for this aspect of personal care.

I had a similar problem for many years...

Used:
anti-bacterial soaps
the strongest anti-perspirants possible
strong detergents in my laundry

Those methods did not work, and I continued to ruin shirts in short order with "pit stains"

I then changed my approach...
wear a white under shirt and bleach it every wash (kills bacteria living in the cloth)
use natural soaps (maintains natural skin bacterial balance)
only use deodorants (no anti-perspirant metals)

I no longer have an issue, and my shirts last years longer without stains

Personally don't like anti-perspirants ... I've tried some, including those for your feet (PC rec'd) and their effectiveness was temporary. So its plain 'ole deodorant for me now. As of late, Dove is my go too and sometimes I have pit stains... such is life.

You don't want to use anti-perspirant. You are supposed to perspire. I don't want aluminum chlorohydrate near my body.

I've tried tons of stuff, most OTC product have terrible scents. If you think they smell good - there are 10 others near you that will call you the "Aqua Velva" Man. - and that is NOT good :) (Try finding Original Old Spice among the billion other flavours they sell ! )

Tom's of Maine Tea Tree Deodorant will work for a couple days if it isnt killer humid.
Due to water and septic issues I am on a three- day shower regemine. I am also retired and alone. i also weigh 250 lbs.

tomsteatree.jpg

i noticed Dollar tree stores sell packages of scented body wipes for Men you can tune yourself up for $1 all day long

Back