Educate me on NY hit and run laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rear ended in my pickup truck in traffic a week or so ago. Slowish speed collision. My receiver went into the front of there car but my truck seems ok. The woman driver took off like a raped ape. I got the plate number. The police said she had no registration but they can’t get her to come into the station to issue her tickets. Why is that? What should i be doing in this situation? I have never been involved in a hit and run.

Did the cop do an accident report that has the VIN number on it? If so, your truck will
Most likely show on a vehicle report for being involved in an accident.

Did the cop do an accident report that has the VIN number on it? If so, your truck will
Most likely show on a vehicle report for being involved in an accident.
yes the cop did a police report but was waiting for the woman to come into the station to finish it but the woman wont come in so the cop is going to complete the report without the womans info/side?

What do you mean, no registration. The plate IS the registration. Are they saying it's invalid? If you say your truck has no damage, move on. Otherwise contact your insurance company and let them handle it.
I think it means she had plates but they were expired i guess. so the registration wasnt renewed.

If there’s no damage to your truck and you’re not injured what are you trying to get out of nailing her? Her car is now damaged. That would be good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back