Eddie Van Halen RIP. Dead at age 65

I remember when the first Van Halen album came out. It was a whole new world. Saw them in concert many times...

RIP, Eddie

Their first album was huge in a time when most music sounded all the same and boring. That era of music was the doldrums of sorts. Van Halen really started something. I had their first two albums. The music was both unique and groundbreaking.

I always loved their music. He certainly had the ear and talent. Hard to find anyone who can play like him.

I hope they release the "vaults" of Van Halen live footage and recordings like the Oakland 1981 songs I posted above, that supposedly exist....

I regret not going to one of the reunion tours now. You think when you're busy, well, I'll catch them next time. One of my co-workers went in 2015-ish I think it was they were in San Antonio? Sometimes there never is a next time.

In 7th grade back in 83/84ish, I told all my friends that I went to the Van Halen concert when they were in town in Portland, Oregon, of course I didn't go, but I really wanted to. I swore I would later, never did, despite owning their entire David Lee Roth catalog of VH albums as well as some of the Sammy Hagar ones eventually.

RIP Eddie!

I hope they release the "vaults" of Van Halen live footage and recordings like the Oakland 1981 songs I posted above, that supposedly exist....

It's a possibility. You never know what they might find when they do go in.

I was stationed in Virginia in 1978 and had tickets to go see Black Sabbath and was pumped up to say the least but this new group Van Halen was backing them up, didn't think much about it but after hearing them my first thought was these guys are going places.

🥺 Purchased the debut album due to the cover . Played it and was 😲 . Just like first hearing of Jimi Hendrix - " Purple Haze " and MONTROSE - " Rock Candy ".

How would you describe their sound? I’ve heard it called “party rock” and “power pop”.

Van Halen definitely had their own sound and is very hard to categorize them. Lots of energy,powerful,yet very melodic.

preview_089e5de4.png

Certain metal do contain carcinogens that can leach out in certain situations. Usually the concern is hexavalent chromium and welding metals that contain it so not sure if it applies here or not. Lots of thing that people thought were harmless turned out to be bad so who know what caused it. Defiantly lots of possibilities.
I agree.
I've heard some say that drinking excessive amounts of alcohol can cause drunkenness and cause car accidents, I say hogwash!
Those people were terrible drivers before consuming a drop of alcohol!

I think David Lee Roth and Michael Anthony have both stated that several concerts, especially on the WACF (or "Women and Children First, Husbands and Boyfriends Last") Tour, were filmed in their entirety. The three song Oakland 1981 footage was from an entire concert that was filmed beginning to end. There is also supposedly a lot of audio from soundboards on tape...

Back