Ecoguard Synthetic & Denso Oil filters any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a case of those Denso oil filters for my girlfriend's Civic on Rock Auto. It's hard to find another filter with a silicone ADBV for such a reasonable price. I think I paid around half of what Amazon is charging (plus shipping).

Apologies for the above slur. I used a three letter word to describe a type of engine, I know for sure that 'eu arrrh oh' is used to describe vw, mercedes etc, and im pretty sure I've heard members on here (most of whom live in, and are native to, North America) refer to Pontiac, Dodge, Olds, Chevy etc etc as 'yank' motors and I dont remember anybody feeling that it was racist or inappropriate in the way that (I assume) my use of J word was looked down upon enough to be censored, but its ok to say yank & euro...maybe if we use a.soft j and call.them yap motors it would indicate that we are asking server or not denso is oem, like we might ask.if mann is oem for euro motors...

Sorry to go on about it but I had to explain myself, draw a parallel. And then give an example to illustrattle a point, hopefully drawing some into discourse.

The Ecogard sounds interesting for the price, but I would be concerned that there is no company standing behind it for warranty purposes. Even a Driveworks filter at least has AAP.

I like the quality build of the Denso and would use them without hesitation.

Supposedly the Denso's favor flow over filtration if that concerns you.

I find it very odd that Denso, being part owned by Toyota, list neither an oil filter nor an air filter for my sister's '08 RAV4 or my B-I-L's '09 Corolla, but they DO list one for my 2000 Grand Marquis.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
http://densoautoparts.com/filters/oil-filters

They show no end caps in their picture, looks like the Toyota fiter except for silicone valve. Maybe they have some sizes with end caps, but the 1003 should be like the picture. .....

Unless the construction has changed recently I wouldn't bet on it. All the Denso FTF oil filters I've seen posted here are of metal end cap construction as linked in my previous post. Yes it is odd that the website pics show a no end cap type construction similar to the Toyota Denso oem. The discrepancy has been discussed here previously with the posting of the dissection of a 150-1010 Denso FTF filter showing the same thing.

Below is a link to the Denso 150-1003 (3614/10241 equivalent)showing the FTF with metal endcap construction. I realize that it dates to 05 but I'm thinking the Denso FTF construction remains the same.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/en...of-oil-filters/

Toyota-Denso-Fram204x6LO.jpg

Thanks for posting the photo.

I have also seen the Denso filters on Amazon and wondered about them.

Looks like it's solidly constructed.

It's comparable to the OEM Toyota filters and much, much better than the highly regarded aftermarket filter on the end.

I guess the jury is out what denso is making now, the one in the 2005 study is made in USA and cost him $9. The ones now are cheaper. Have to make an order and do some cutting some time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back