Echo products ? Elco Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

prs

I have seen recent references to Echo products being first class. I recalled seeing "them" offered at Northern Tool. I went to Northern tool and the products that my eyes had read as being Echo were actually listed as Elco or some such. Was I being drawn in by a ploy to accept a kopykat name or is this just a variation of trade name?

prs

No copy cat. Echo makes chain saws, trimmers, and other gas powered tools.

There are two Elco's that I know of, one make lighting fixtures and the other makes construction fasteners and fixtures.

My Echo weed wacker is 10 years old and has been very good. It has never failed to start, line feeds fine. Only problem , I changed the fuel line two years ago.

Echo targets home usage overall most are extremely satisfied as hours usage is not the same as commercial daily usage. Shindaiwa can't be beat for commercial usage for durability and longevity(provided with proper care) just from my experience BUT most home owners are not satisfied paying the premium of a Shindaiwa as they don't get their money's worth...not enough hours for non commercial usage.

Echo is solid in this market especially in North America. Echo internationally has some higher quality products on the international usage for commercial application versus North America operation. Just the business model(financial gain).

I would like to see Echo offering a Shindaiwa product with an Echo name tag for high end commercial usage in North America...or slowly offering Shindaiwa products to see how sales go. It's really a waste since there are some international products that are a clone both a Shindaiwa and Echo product with different name tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back