EBC Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried them? I need brakes and rotors bad for my Honda CRV and want something quality. I can't buy a set of Made in China Rotors. I have had such bad luck with Wearever, and bendix in the past. I see the EBC rotors are cast in the UK or Italy. Trying to find USA rotors is impossible.

Originally Posted By: Toyotamike
I see the EBC rotors are cast in the UK or Italy. Trying to find USA rotors is impossible.

They do have some imported rotors now. They don't say they only sell rotors from the UK and Italy.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/ebc_premium_replacement_rotors/index.shtml

Quote:
Currently EVERY SINGLE ROTOR sold in Europe and the UK is BRITISH MADE and a majority of the designs specific to the USA are also BRITISH made.The British foundry is constantly expanding its in house tooled range but EBC like every brake manufacturer ....does need occasionally to buy some rotors in from approved sources to complete ranges in overseas markets.

You might also want to look into the rotors from Beck Arnley. They offer quite a few that aren't made in China. Some people have posted about made in Brazil rotors from them. I believe those are made by a company called Fremax.
http://www.fremax.com.br/en/index.php

I would pick a few possibilities and email the company to see if they'll tell you where they're made. The companies I've emailed (Raybestos and centric) were upfront and told me their rotors were made in China.

Last edited:
I don't believe there are any more foundries/casters in the USA for aftermarket brake rotors. That's not to say there are not longer any remaining USA machinery/finisher, but that from the way I read the article, there are no aftermarket brake rotor casters. Perhaps for OEM. See this thread for additional insight.

My two cents, get quality cast and machined rotors, even if they happen to be made in China. I have not had a bad experience with Centric Premium rotors. They are properly split-cast where needed, good thickness on the rotor faces and have had a great weight to them on the vehicles I have used them on. I do not particularly like the C-Tek standard ones, those look poorly machined to me. When I'm looking at new rotors, I look either for Centric Premiums or Raybestos Advanced Technology, plain, no slots not drilled. Could go with OEM rotors from Honda, but those can be very expensive I've noticed.

I have used EBC Green Suff pads and found them very good.

Can you not buy Brembo rotors?

To add, I believe even Brembo uses castings from China in some of their rotors. Brembo used to European cast from what I remember. I haven't been impressed with Brembo rotors lately.

I have had EBC rotors on my truck since 2010 and love them. They have about 30K miles on them now and the truck stops straight and true with no noise. The OE rotors warped badly after being turned. No warping with the EBC rotors at all, but I haven't turned them either. I can't remember where mine were cast.

I liked the brembos, but the news ones are from China. So I'm paying the same amount as before but of course the price to make them is less.

The stockers are real expensive double the price of the EBCs and I'm not sure where they're made either.

It's just amazing how hard it is to buy products from the US.

I can't speak for EBC rotors, as I haven't used them, but I did use the GreenStuff pads. Stopping power was good but they dusted very bad. Switched to HPS pads and the dust is way less.

Last three rotor changes, I've used Brembo blanks and they are of good quality. I'm not sure where they were made but they are good.

I have used EBC pads and rotors. Great product, the pedal feel was increased and I feel stopping distance was shortened. I don't remember what pad I got, just an everyday style. It was not a performance car so nothing trick needed.

The Brembo blanks are cast in Italy, and are good quality. I just put some on my old Toyota because I they are such a pain to replace (press-fit and bolted to the back of the hub) and I didn't want to chance putting some [censored] on there that would warp right away.

I wish they still made the cast in Italy, Brembo blanks for my car.
frown.gif

I've had to go to the Ate Premium Ones (with the 'orbital' slots in them).

I will probably try the EBCs next, as long as I can specify the 'made in the UK' versions ONLY!

I put a set of EBC's "GD" series dimpled & slotted rotors and their GreenStuff 7000 SUV pads on the front of my Tacoma 2 years ago and they have been flawless. Superb braking action and pedal feel. I got them through www.placeforbrakes.com
They have sales/discounts all the time. I got mine during a Memorial Day promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back