EBAY Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay is great to sell on (or buy) Its simple as simple can be, but I cant tell you where to go for "lessons"

Just try it out, get an account and start going through the steps.
I have sold and bought much on Ebay for well over a decade. Its great because you as a seller are guaranteed to get your money before you ship it and the buyer is guaranteed to get the product he/she paid for.

You cant go wrong. I much rather sell (or buy in many times) on ebay then any other place because you as a seller OR a buyer is protected by ebay.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Can someone explain to me how to sell something on EBAY? I need to know, in simplest terms, how to post it, shipping, and receiving payment.

My current radio is also an Alpine head unit, but it's 13 years old.

First thing to do is search eBay for this model and see what they sell for. I'll repeat part of that: What they sell for. What they list for doesn't mean squat.

Really though, don't waste your time.

+1 on doing the research

Never say never as far as what people will buy. As someone who has sold multiple items on ebay, people will buy ANYTHING. If it's a decent head unit, someone will buy it for $20 to replace the tape player in their old Chrysler van. The head-unit in my Jeep Wrangler is an ebay special Sony that works awesome and was a fraction of the price. Perfect scenario because it isn't used everyday, and it's not new enough where someone would want to steal it if the top and doors are off somewhere.

Edit: I use the ebay app on my phone. It's a bit more intuitive and easier to upload pictures of items. My advice would be search youtube for how-tos. I'd create one for you if I had the time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Nobody wants your old stereo head unit.

How do you know this? Do you have a crystal ball, ESP, ............
35.gif
36.gif

Can someone explain to me how to sell something on EBAY? I need to know, in simplest terms, how to post it, shipping, and receiving payment.
My son bought me a new Alpine head unit from for my birthday from CRUTCHFIELD. My current radio is also an Alpine head unit, but it's 13 years old. That's what l want to sell on EBAY for about $25-$30.
Thank You!
smile.gif

What model of Alpine is it. DIN 1.5?

I just sold a bunch of stuff on E-Bay . Total $ 993.00 for several items including what i charged for shipping, mostly archery related. I think i netted about $ 600.00 after fees and shipping. Worth it but the shipping is what you really have to watch, large or heavy items are not worth selling that way unless they are high value.

Originally Posted by ddtmoto
My son bought me a new Alpine head unit from for my birthday from CRUTCHFIELD. My current radio is also an Alpine head unit, but it's 13 years old. That's what l want to sell on EBAY for about $25-$30.
Thank You!
smile.gif

What model of Alpine is it. DIN 1.5?

CDE-9870.
I also posted it in my last post on here.

CDE9870.jpeg

I know it's a moot point now as you plan to donate it, but I checked the model on eBay and looked for SOLD items. None came up. It's filtered by "ended recently" but doesn't indicate a timeframe.

just like someone have said they take about 11% in listing and sale fees; however I still think you can sell it just be too reasonable with your pricing; I sold my two old thermostats on eBay recently for $13 so they took $2 in fees

gl

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Looks nice.

Was there anything wrong with the old unit? What was the reason for the upgrade? Ability to play from USB/BT?

I needed an upgrade in my truck.
The old unit is the ONLY unit Alpine made with a push button volume button. Back in the day, even Alpine said it was a mistake to have made this unit.
This new unit is AWESOME! Man, it has some power! I was thinking about adding an Alpine Power Pak for the 4 door speakers but l will just leave it like it is. I have an Alpine amp powering my Kicker TC-10 subwoofer behind the seat. This new unit really makes the sub sound much better.
Alpine has and always will have the best components ever made!

Originally Posted by AZjeff
The aggravation you'll go through to sell a $25 electronic device on Ebay won't be worth it. Especially if you have to learn to use Ebay to do it.

Drop it off at your favorite charity thrift store and don't look back. Try Craigslist or FB first if you really need the $25.

100% ^^^ Agree. Sold on eBay for 15 years. BlueOval if you are only doing this 1 sale it will not be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back