eBay guaranteed delivery by

eBay fast ‘n free shipping and guaranteed delivery by ______.

Stupid question I know, but is there a way to hold eBay sellers accountable for this? I bought an item Monday for a weekend job and to take advantage of the unseasonably nice weather. Guaranteed to be delivered by today and arguably paid for that guarantee as well. Looks like it won’t be here until next week now.

The label was made 6:30AM Monday and it looks like it sat for a few days until bouncing around a few distribution hubs. The sad thing is that it’s just coming from Ohio..

Worth complaining or nah? I complained before over a similar situation and was told they didn’t own the shipping company.

I doubt you have any recourse in it at this point and are at the mercy of the shipper. Right now all the "big 3" are extremely busy, it's a wonder anything gets out. I work maintenance for one of them and it's been the busiest I've ever seen; it's not even "peak season" yet! Not making an excuse for them, but logistics is seriously screwed up right now.

I think you maybe jumped the gun. I had a package come one day late a few months back, I forgot if I got an automatic credit OR if I followed ebays instructions for the credit.
Either way, simple to get your credit, just look it up in your account, this is an eBay program and 100% efficient in giving you a credit.
I think, (and keep in mind its early and on my first coffee) you just go into your account and click to state you have not reviewed your product or "where is my product" that starts the process that gives you a credit.
Again, all automatic, takes literally seconds, 100% above board.

Everyone needs to understand, eBay is one of the best places that protects and takes care of you. There is a process for everything and in this case, if you didnt get your product, just click that you didnt get your product. Its that simple. Dont play detective with tracking ect ect.
Ebay says by this date____ if you dont have it, they will take care of it. No thought on your part.

Any seller cannot just offer guaranteed delivery dates it is based off of the sellers past shipment records. If they process your order within a day , update invoices ect. and sell 100+ items a year they are eligible. The problem is the seller cannot control the delivery company and their mistakes.
Ebay does give you protection in the form of reimbursing your shipping, a 5 dollar voucher or free cancellation and return. I believe you do that in the section where you leave feedback on the site. I've had a couple that I got refunded shipping or vouchers.

Amazon can usually hit their delivery dates since they have their own shipping service.

As an Ebay buyer and seller for well over 20 years now, you are always at the mercy of the shipper you're using. By far and away, I'd guess Priority Mail has been the most popular choice for domestic shipping for a while now. Priority Mail is supposed to be 2-3 days to most anywhere in the US, which is how sellers are able to offer these guarantees.

The problem is all the shipping systems have fallen apart over the past 6 months. One of my worst ones was not an Ebay transaction, but I shipped a mass spectometer part to a lab out in CO worth about $1200. It wasn't STRICTLY a "need it now" part, as otherwise I would have done UPS next day or 2nd day, but it was a "we need it fairly soon" part. I talked to them and we agreed that Priority Mail would be fine. It moved 60 miles up the road from me and sat for a week and a half, then arrived 2 weeks after the date I'd shipped it. I had zero control over that, and USPS won't even talk to you unless it's been 30 days past the expected delivery day.

If you have to have it right away for a certain reason, cough up for overnight shipping or, again, buy next day/second day on Amazon.

I use eBay often and have for years … I’d say 90% of things arrive on time … the rest is late or early. I never have just one thing waiting for me to do (about to get going) … but I’d never count of them last minute for a weekend …

I used ebay if there is no shipping emergency while I used Amazon Prime if I need it faster.
Amazon Prime may charge a few dollars more compare to ebay for the same item.

Although, last week, I order a House Sensi Thermostat using Amazon Prime and it came the same day except what came was not the correct item (flat envelope with small silver ziploc bag with a bar code with the word "Sensi" on it) instead of a box of Thermostat.
So I insisted on a refund and I picked up the thermostat from Home Depot the next morning.
I get what I paid for suppose to save $7 from HD for a ziploc bag. LOL!!!

Before covid I would only buy from the guaranteed delivery sellers.

They would be late probably 4 out of 5 times.

I ended up with about 30 bucks in $5 credits just by reporting each one using the automated reporting tool.

The label was made 6:30AM Monday and it looks like it sat for a few days
I suspect this is the flaw in eBay's system. The seller can claim they "shipped" the item by creating the label and any delays they can blame on the carrier, i.e. the carrier didn't show up for pick-up, the carrier was backlogged and didn't scan it into their system, etc.

Otherwise, "eBay fast ‘n free shipping and guaranteed delivery" is just a marketing gimmick. In fact, eBay has already refunded you the shipping charges since it didn't deliver on time.

USPS does not always scan incoming mail, but they send it along. You'll see it hung up on "shipping label created" when the package is in the works. One should not read too much into the tracking info. However, it's aggravating when you see "on vehicle for delivery" then, well, nevermind, try again tomorrow. At least maybe DeJoy will be moving along.

I also go for the $5 vouchers. Easy money!

Amazon Prime is delaying my 2-day stuff so it can be delivered on Sunday, when their "special' USPS people, who I assume are paid less, get it out. So Prime is really good for me for stuff I buy on Friday night! I hate this, as I think postmen should have Sundays off with their families.

Back