Easy inexpensive fix! Ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once its stripped down its probably not bad. Yes, it probably is an easy fix if you can do that sort of work, on the other has if changing plugs and ball joints is a difficult job then its a major undertaking.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Can't tell if the rail is bent, but it took a pretty good hit.

That's why it is for sale. Someone shot from the hip at auction and the frame is tweaked.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Can't tell if the rail is bent, but it took a pretty good hit.

That's why it is for sale. Someone shot from the hip at auction and the frame is tweaked.

I think you are right. They showed pics of the passenger side with the doors closed. Pic 1 enlarged looks like the back of the front door is ever so slightly high on the body line. Look at the roof line where the front and rear doors meet the body line. Notice there are no pics of the drivers side with the doors closed hmmmmm why not?

Plus where can a diy buy replacement airbags? The pull it yards near me will not leave them in the car and will not sell them.

Last edited:
...and even if you are able to fix it back to a safe, driveable condition, it's STILL a 4/5-year-old sonic with 81,000 miles on it.

Originally Posted By: Delta
I think that's about what a non wreaked Sonic of that year usually cost...

There's one near me with 90,000 miles and in very good (apparent) condition, for $5950

Little bit of Lucas Oil and some Mothers Wax and it will be good as new.

"Light hit"
crackmeup2.gif

If there's an easy inexpensive repair to a used car that would greatly increase its value, the seller would have already done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back