east coast sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to represent something besides Pacific sunsets.
wink.gif
This is from my early morning commute. I'm about 5 miles from the Atlantic ocean proper. This farm had its delivery truck pulling out right around then, 4:55 am!

The "barn" floating in the duck pond is a scale model; the one behind it to the left is also a scale model, part of a petting zoo.

32.gif
I was going to take this exact picture a month ago, but the camera battery was dead, and then it rained endlessly.
mad.gif

DSCN6314ca.jpg

DSCN6318a.jpg

There were ducks but the camera shake kept me from posting this one. My P&S made the sky even more salmon (it likes crackhead saturation levels) but I greened it up a little and pulled up the shadows in GIMP's "curves".

beautiful picture. american farms always look so well kept (compared to the aussie farms) (they each have their charm though). less money here i guess.

crinkles,

I assure you that many farms here in the South don't look that well kept. It takes time & money to keep them up both of which are looked upon as better spent on eeking out a living by farming, around here in AL at least. I know that I never cared much about spending time after supper cleaning up the chicken houses so they would look good in pictures or for the public. I don't even know that you can make chicken houses or pig farms look that good.

^ That's a tourist farm; money made selling milk is scant so they also run a lumberyard, petting zoo, ice cream counter with BLT sandwiches, and they rent apartments in the 3rd story of their "barn". Driving around ranches in Nevada and Utah... there's some sketchy looking conditions. (but the free range beef prolly tastes pretty
20.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back