earthquake tiller any body bought one?

They sell them at TSC . Specs are decent, are they any good?

As a matter of fact, I have the Earthquake "Viper" model with the 2-cycle 43cc engine, but they make various models with various engines.

I have used it for the last three years in my garden. It is good for shallow tilling but is not appropriate for deep tilling or preparing a new area.

Doh , I was looking at the 98 cc 4 stroke. I want something that can handle breaking a little sod. I have a little Mantis ~ 24cc. It came from the old homestead and is well worn out.

Doh , I was looking at the 98 cc 4 stroke. I want something that can handle breaking a little sod. I have a little Mantis ~ 24cc. It came from the old homestead and is well worn out.
I wouldn't have much confidence at all in sod breaking for that size machine.

I was looking at them recently but noticed parts are hard to get and quite a few had shafts splitting. They are also belt driven. I purchased the Troy Bilt Colt with 208cc engine as my brother in law has had one which gets lots of use.

The Mantis is superior. If yours is worn out, see if you can find a used one in decent shape.

Wife and I have an old Comet 4 stroke Briggs that we rarely use. Our go to is the Mantis. It even breaks new ground when you put the tines the correct way. If you switch sides with the tines you use it to cultivate. The Mantis is amazing.

Having owned an MTD labelled small tiller, and now a Craftsman version of the same thing, this will be the replacement for the Craftsman whin it dies:

I just bought the Earthquake Versa Tiller with the 99cc Viper engine. Model 25780. I bought mine two days ago at Tractor Supply Company mine came already assembled and ready to go. This is not a mini-tiller/cultivator it is a front tine tiller. Earthquake comes with a 5-year warranty. It is very solidly built. To me having belt drive is an advantage not a shortcoming. The Viper engine is a good performer and for year after the warranty 6+ Parts availability is good. Carburetors both OE and replacement start at $11. Recoil starter assembly is reasonable and air filters cheap enough.

BB8017CE-B5D3-4D0C-B61B-1A1A13CB5FD5.jpeg

A487440D-D8B4-4907-92BB-500027D56066.jpeg

97F2A12B-2462-426F-8884-1BD9191B9BF6.jpeg

Back