Earn a $20 Gift Card with a qualifying Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil purchase at participating locations. Offer ends 9/30/23

Overall, this years sales and rebates are a bit disappointing. Better than nothing but still disappointing. Comparing my haul from almost exactly a year ago. I purchased 4 Jugs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 from Walmart for $24.97ea. For a total cost out-the-door including sales tax, $105.87. I then got (2)two $25 dollar Amazon Gift Cards from the Rebate. That WAS a good deal.

This year, I bought 2 Jugs of Pennzoil Platinum (NOT ULTRA) 0W-20 from Walmart for $23.98ea. For a total cost out-the-door including sales tax, $50.84. Looks like I'll be getting one(1) $20 dollar gift card, as is limit 1(one).

Currently, the cost for PUP is $32.52ea. That's a 30% increase over last year which to be fair is consistent with just about everything else.

Times are changing...

Last edited:
Overall, this years sales and rebates are a bit disappointing. Better than nothing but still disappointing. Comparing my haul from almost exactly a year ago. I purchased 4 Jugs of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 from Walmart for $24.97ea. For a total cost out-the-door including sales tax, $105.87. I then got (2)two $25 dollar Amazon Gift Cards from the Rebate. That WAS a good deal.

This year, I bought 2 Jugs of Pennzoil Platinum (NOT ULTRA) 0W-20 from Walmart for $23.98ea. For a total cost out-the-door including sales tax, $50.84. Looks like I'll be getting one(1) $20 dollar gift card, as is limit 1(one).

Currently, the cost for PUP is $32.52ea. That's a 30% increase over last year which to be fair is consistent with just about everything else.

Times are changing...
You and I did the same thing this year and last, regarding quantity, products and retailer.

Has anyone heard anything back on the status of their rebate? It’s been 3 weeks and I haven’t heard anything, granted they say it can take up to 6 weeks… just curious.

Has anyone heard anything back on the status of their rebate? It’s been 3 weeks and I haven’t heard anything, granted they say it can take up to 6 weeks… just curious.
Their communication isn't good. Last year didn't get any confirmation email. But you can check your rebate status here https://shellrebatecenter.com/default.cfm

Any you can probably expect it to take the 6 weeks, but it should show up.

Last edited:
Their communication isn't good. Last year didn't get any confirmation email. But you can check your rebate status here https://shellrebatecenter.com/default.cfm

Any you can probably expect it to take the 6 weeks, but it should show up.
Mine says “processed” as of about a week ago.
I’m getting a not found error there and a Forbidden error at just shellrebatecenter.com
try this link http://shellrebatecenter.com/pennzoil/

Attachments

• C7A7636C-242D-4C25-B476-7F9A3533FB74.jpeg
    C7A7636C-242D-4C25-B476-7F9A3533FB74.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 12
Got my gift card yesterday. Here is the timeline:

3/12/23: Bought two 5 quart jugs off of Walmart.com for $26.44 each.
3/16/23: Order was delivered.
3/16/23: Summited the rebate on Pennzoil's website.
3/31/23: Received an email saying I am approved and will receive my gift card within 3 business days.
4/5/23: Received an email with the gift card redemption link.

Here is the PDF that I gave as proof of purchase.

Got my rebate link today as follows...

3/16/23: Bought two 5 quart jugs off PP from Walmart.com for $23.98 each.
3/17/23: Order was delivered.
3/17/23: Summited the rebate on Pennzoil's website.
4/5/23: Received an email saying I am approved and will receive my gift card within 3 business days.
4/6/23: Received an email with the gift card redemption link.
4/6/23: Claimed my $20 dollar Amazon.com gift card and loaded it to my Amazon account.

Done! Another success with Pennzoil Rebates.

Last edited:
Just ordered 2 jugs of 5/30 for my humble stash from Walmart for $26.44/each. Also used my credit card points to buy 2 free oil filters for the family fleet off Amazon. Can’t beat a $16.44 oil change. Makes me feel like I’m buying oil and filters back in 2008!

Thanks for posting this 👍🏻

Anybody know how often Pennzoil typically runs these rebate programs?

Got my rebate link today as follows...

3/16/23: Bought two 5 quart jugs off PP from Walmart.com for $23.98 each.
3/17/23: Order was delivered.
3/17/23: Summited the rebate on Pennzoil's website.
4/5/23: Received an email saying I am approved and will receive my gift card within 3 business days.
4/6/23: Received an email with the gift card redemption link.
4/6/23: Claimed my $20 dollar Amazon.com gift card and loaded it to my Amazon account.

Done! Another success with Pennzoil Rebates.
Basically the same for me as well and got the amazon gift card. I submitted a PDF version of the WALMART online order HOWEVER, submitted before the jugs were received - I thought this may cause issues as I had issues with walmart online orders / SOPUS rebates in the past. Luckily, no issues and hopefully everyone has the same experience.

I bought 4 - 5qts jugs of the 5w-30 Platinum from Lowe on clearance for $14.37 each but they are not on the retail list. Oh, well.

Bought PP Euro 0w40 March 31 @ Walmart.com, Submitted Apr 2, Approved Apr 14, Amazon Gift Card activated Apr 17

I just received approval of my $20 digital gift card. The email says I should receive the gift card in 1-3 days. The whole approval took only 12 days after submission of the rebate.

The emails of submission and approval went to my junk email, from “shellrebatecenter.” So anyone who never received theirs - check your spam or junk inbox.

For the record, I attempted to print my online Walmart receipt - however it did not include delivery confirmation. The fine print in the rebate says proof of delivery is required. So what I did was I screenshot the Walmart website receipt which also included a picture the delivery person took when it was dropped at my front door. If I tried to print the Walmart receipt to PDF that picture of proof of delivery wasn’t included. So I’d recommend a screenshot image when submitting. Good luck.

Back