Early drain of M1 gear oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed out the gear oil in my front diff and T-case yesterday. I left the ARX in there for 1100 miles and there hadn't been any evidence of leaks for 800 of those miles. The input shaft seal was the culprit on the tranfer case. It's working properly now. The front diff had looked like it was sweating on the pumpkin. No dripping or leaking that I could tell. It's dry as a bone now. I decided to stay with the conventional Valvoline 75W-90 GL5 in both the front diff and T-case. I realize that it's not one of the highest rated gear oils. But the good news is it's the cheapest, it doesn't leak (for now anyways), and it works very well in 4WD operations so far (no gear whine or engage/disengage problems). The new LE1605 (SAE110) has been working well in the rear open diff.

Auto-Rx continues to impress me. It just saved me $1000 (quote to fix the seal). I think it's safe to say that I'm a lifer now!

You are correct. I don't know how to make a gasket. But I know how to fix a seal now. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back