Ear experiment - try this

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the sounds that went into the open ear comes out of the closed ear when you pull the plug. It isn't in stereo, so don't be disappointed.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
What does it do?
I had to ask because I have bad ears and if it's going to make me dizzy I don't want to do it as I have this problem on its own anyways!
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: XS650
All the sounds that went into the open ear comes out of the closed ear when you pull the plug. It isn't in stereo, so don't be disappointed.

But the "sound on sound" and reverb effects are awesome!!

oily: Come on!! I can't read and the movie won't be out for years.

I used earplugs often while driving motorcycles.
Much less stress, and a more pleasant experience.
Ambient noise loss? Sure, but not too bad - stay alert.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2

I never thought I'd hear of a motorcyclist who finds traffic noise to be too loud. Most seem to want traffic to be as loud as possible!

Originally Posted By: rpn453

I never thought I'd hear of a motorcyclist who finds traffic noise to be too loud. Most seem to want traffic to be as loud as possible!

You're confusing poser twits, who spend more time with the bike parked outside a bar than on the road, with actual motorcyclists.

Had an ear block rising a hill this arv.

gentle crest, slow downhill, and all of a sudden the transmission sounded nasty as it unblocked.

Does that count ?

Who said the plugs were to attenuate traffic noise?
That is an unfortunate by product.
The wind and engine/exhaust noise on long trips is the target.
Ambient traffic noise is still louder than a car with the windows up. Does anyone recommend car windows be down all the time?

As to rshunter's egotistic and uninformed comment, I say I have been working on motorcycles professionally and riding for longer than you. ARe you one of the Harley guys that wears his 'costume' and needs loud pipes?

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
Not enough. Try a real hearing protector.

How long do you consider "a drive"? I just started using them when I'm going to hit the highway above 55-60 mph. From there, the sound gets very loud in a jeep. The radio, when heard at a stop, is WAY LOUD.

Who said the plugs were to attenuate traffic noise?
That is an unfortunate by product.
The wind and engine/exhaust noise on long trips is the target.
Ambient traffic noise is still louder than a car with the windows up.

I never even thought of wind noise! I don't know if helmets without ear cover are legal here. I can't remember ever seeing them, but that doesn't mean I haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back