E85 Occasional use in FlexFuel Vehicle?

I know the '14 & up 1500's have Alcohol Content Sensors....But what I've seen on '14 & up 2500/3500 is they calculate Alcohol Content Virtually. Not that I'm 100% on a '18 model.

ALL Flex Fuel '07-'13 GMT900's used a Virtual Flex Fuel Algorithm, As did the late GMT800's, Early GMT800's used a Alcohol Content Sensor.
18 would have the ethanol content sensor. They are standard on all the 14+ trucks that were flex fuel. It takes only around a minute to get to the new ethanol concentration when I watch it on my truck when I get new fuel and have my data logging laptop with me. I added E85 capability to my 6.2L a couple years ago and have been keeping track of it every since with different concentrations of alcohol vs fuel economy. I usually get 20-30% less mpg with E85 but its been around 30-50% cheaper around here in the last couple years. The Gen V engines also make more power using E85.

I just got it for $1.85 / gallon and put it in all my vehicles.

I can say my 99 crown vic and 03 f-150 did not start well in the cold. Was like starting a diesel. The other cars acted no different.

I'm not running it to save money. I'm going to run 500-700 gallons through the truck to help provide cleaning.

It's only typically $0.30/gallon cheaper here. So it's actually a bit more expensive to run than gasoline with the drop in mpg's. But it's OK in the short term. I'm wanting to run this truck for a long time.....

Back