E30 BMW Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Just washed and waxed my car, so I figured id get to some picture-taking...

Here are a few car and other pics that I took:

DSC_0391b.jpg

DSC_0392b.jpg

DSC_0412b.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

And why not have two more... outside pics, to be patriotic and appreciate nature:

DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

lol, your buick is older than my BMW and has quite a few additional miles! granted it might be rusty, Im sure you get a LOT more salt on your roads than we do in NJ...

JMH

That's got to be a '90 or a '91 right?

Nice BMW!

It's the best looking year of e30, and I've always really liked those. They really got the front bumper and front spoiler right in those years. Also, I think the 325's got projector beam headlights in those years as well.

I'd love to find a nice clean black 325is coupe in one of those years for a project/hobby/track car. Clean ones like that are few and far between here. Something about rust.

Also, what kind of camera did you use for those non-automotive shots? The colors are really vivid.

Looking good, I had a `91 318is...that I swapped in a `95 M3 engine
smile.gif
These cars are great though, so tough as they were built before the day of CAD! Mine had 200k miles on it and was tight as a drum.

Putting in an aftermarket suspension along with all new components (bushings, ball joints, springs/shocks, drivetrain mounts, etc.) can really turn these cars into go- karts.

To Jim 5, the 325's got the ellipsoid headlights in `88-`89. My honest opinion is the `91 318is was the best E30 that came to the US besides the M3 obviously. It weighs 200 lbs. less than a 325is at ~2650lbs. Also I was never a fan of the M20 motor with its SOHC setup, timing belt and somewhat low 8.8:1 compression ratio. The M42 was a far more advanced motor though less powerful. If you were planning on a hobby car you can change that though
smile.gif

windnsea... I agree that this really is the best of the E30 series...and I knock the M3 out of the standings because they are EXPENSIVE even today for a nice one. I'm really happy with this little $3000 investment to teach m yself how to drive stick.

Jim5, it was a nikkor 105mm micro lens with VR, on a Nikon D70S digital SLR.

JMH

Quote:

91 318i, currently at 105k. Bought it in 02, with 72k.

105k! That thing is only getting started...one of my friends has a `91 318is with 280k and somehow no cracked dash (original). The overall condition of the vehicle is very impressive for its age and it's up for sale now actually.

Granted his car is very modified as it has a M52 (2.8 from E36) converted to OBDI and running M3 cams, etc. It also has a nice set up suspension, xenons, wheels/tires, etc. Basically the only thing to do is upgrade to 5-lug if one is interested.

cool.gif

Quote:

91 318i, currently at 105k. Bought it in 02, with 72k.

Has it ever had any body work? I'm detecting a shift in the paint on the right rear door and quarter panel.

yes, in the winter of 2003, at my apartment complex that I was living in, the snow removal backhoe backed into the side. I was standing right there so I yelled at him in time (fortunately).

The owner of the company was there and he got it all fixed.

Actually, the rest of the paint is smooth but has some micro scratches in the paint itself... no rust, but the car likely could use a paint job. Problem is, a proper paint job is many thousands of $$$.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back