E3 plugs, anyone else use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stuck one in my tractor, 15.5 B&S air cooled, made a noticeable difference. Sounds alot more snappy and goes up hills much better (no bogging). I'm temped to stick them in all my small engines now.....chainsaw/generator/ATV/weedeater.
Do they perform well in 2 cycle engines?

I dunno... They are too new and I'm always hesitant until I start seeing good things, because there are so many gimmic products on the market. Plus it's a PITA to change the spark plugs in my truck so I don't wanna test them and then have to take 'em out if they aren't working well.

Thanks for posting this...
grin2.gif

I have one installed on my lawn tractor and log splitter. It appears that it starts easier and does not use as much gas.

I have them in 2 push mowers and 1 weedeater and they all start faster and last longer than any of the champion or autolites I used before.

i tried one in my 6.75hp B&S craftsman mower. It would take 3-4 pulls to start it with the E3 plug. The stock Champion plug(5 years old/80+hours btw) would start on the first pull every time. I tossed the E3 in the trash and stuck the old one back in.

I have them on my leafblower and weedeater and they both start on the first pull every time. Seems like it has a little more power and uses slighly less gas.

I have one in my walk behind mower and my snowblower. Good succuss thus far but I can't say that they're any better than the standard Champions that came with the equipment.

When I have pulled them out to inspect them, they look as though they're burning lean(whiteish) in both engines. Maybe it's the MMO? My equipment is running very well,(as good as ever I suppose!)

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I dunno... They are too new and I'm always hesitant until I start seeing good things, because there are so many gimmic products on the market. Plus it's a PITA to change the spark plugs in my truck so I don't wanna test them and then have to take 'em out if they aren't working well.

Thanks for posting this...
grin2.gif

Hey Stevie,

They have been around awhile, at least in small engine plugs.
It is not too hard to change the plug in my string trimmer
48.gif

That being said, I have not noticed any performance enhancement, or changes in RPM when I put my equipment on a tach. They seem to last longer with less fouling. The biggest bennefit I have found is on my chainsaws, that I run a tad rich intentionally.
They resist fouling longer than a CJ7y.....on the other hand I could buy three champions or autolites for the price.

I am waiting for the small engine iridium plug for $12 a piece....all of us type A's will run out and buy it and swear our
echo blowers run better
21.gif

Had one a real piece of [censored]. third time i used mower the porcelin part came loose in the body of the plug. Should have known better made in china.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back