E10 in 2013 Honda Accord sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother's dealer told him he can NOT run e10...only pure gas. Is that true? He says it knocks on e10. I say B To the S.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mark72
My brother's dealer told him he can NOT run e10...only pure gas. Is that true? He says it knocks on e10. I say B To the S.

Well there are millions of late model cars running E10, especially since most states don't even have pure gas anymore. Basically, he received bad advice from someone who likes to hear themselves talk.

Do parts of Illinois still have pure gas? Southeastern Wisconsin mandates E10 in 7 counties, then it's optional elsewhere. I'd be surprised if the Chicagoland area has pure gas available outside a marina.

A quick check of the owners manual for that vehicle on the Internet says that E10 is just fine to use and recommended. Also 87 octane is recommended.

Top tier gasoline recommended. A search of the internet will tell you what gasoline stations in your area sell top tier gas.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Well there are millions of late model cars running E10, especially since most states don't even have pure gas anymore. Basically, he received bad advice from someone who likes to hear themselves talk.

Couldn't have said it any better. ALL late model cars are fine with E10.

LOL! there are literally millions of automobiles (up and until 2014/recent 2015 model year) operated by avg joes running E10 gasoline.

You think E10 would be an issue (until now) that would cause problems?

Happy black friday BTW.

Q.

If E10 is not recommended for 2013 or later Accord then they should not sell it in California, we don't have E0 in the whole state.

Ethanol in gasoline RAISES octane. Not the other way around.

Yes, it lowers fuel efficiency, but it doesn't cause pinging. The opposite in fact.

My brother's $tealer told him he can NOT run e10...only pure gas. Is that true? He says it knocks on e10. I say B To the S.

crackmeup2.gif
crazy2.gif
smirk.gif
20.gif
33.gif
43.gif
45.gif
13.gif

I kinda fixed your question for you.

And these $tealerships wonder why they have such a bad reputation?
Really!

If the idiots at the $tealership would have learned about their own products they would realize that E10 is perfectly fine to use in any 2013 Honda vehicle. It just happens that almost ALL
gasoline sold in the USA today contains up to 10% ethanol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back