Dynamic Friction Company (DFC) 5000 Brake Pads and 604 Geospec Rotors

Rockauto and a few local parts wholesalers recently started carrying DFC. The pricing of the parts is significantly less than Centric 105/320 line.

I recently installed DFC's 5000 series ceramic pads and 604 series Geospec rotors on my Prius. The rotors had a finish that was similar to Bosch Quietcast rotors. Runout was within spec and the painting of the rotors was decent. The pads fit well and stopped very well with no noise right out of the box. It has been a few hundred miles since install and the pads perform identical to the OE pads that were previously installed.

For $65 shipped I have zero complaints.

Attachments

• D6DAF0C9-4A70-4501-A52D-2A28D03D72AF.jpeg
    D6DAF0C9-4A70-4501-A52D-2A28D03D72AF.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 760
  • A79C887C-4987-4C33-A6F7-D75760702665.jpeg
    A79C887C-4987-4C33-A6F7-D75760702665.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 782
  • 3DA443C6-9A0D-416B-B0AC-4F9FE733AA43.jpeg
    3DA443C6-9A0D-416B-B0AC-4F9FE733AA43.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 782
  • EFF6E034-2309-4B8A-A2D7-A80FB2390C77.jpeg
    EFF6E034-2309-4B8A-A2D7-A80FB2390C77.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 750
  • 8EF77D6A-13AE-4C21-9D53-EA06FA3722E8.jpeg
    8EF77D6A-13AE-4C21-9D53-EA06FA3722E8.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 764
Those rotors looks exactly like the coated ones I got from Napa.... Have not put them on my car yet... But I am very sure they will work very well and look quite good.

Rockauto and a few local parts wholesalers recently started carrying DFC. The pricing of the parts is significantly less than Centric 105/320 line.

I recently installed DFC's 5000 series ceramic pads and 604 series Geospec rotors on my Prius. The rotors had a finish that was similar to Bosch Quietcast rotors. Runout was within spec and the painting of the rotors was decent. The pads fit well and stopped very well with no noise right out of the box. It has been a few hundred miles since install and the pads perform identical to the OE pads that were previously installed.

For $65 shipped I have zero complaints.

Any change in your opinion of the pads?

It's time for new rotors and pads on my '15 Sedona and Rockauto has the DFC 5000 Advanced ceramic pads on closeout. I'm looking to pair them with a set of coated rotors. Do you recall what the friction rating on the pads were?

This is a heavy vehicle so I'm trying to maximize brake performance. RA has Raybestos EHT pads (which are GG rated and I've been pleased with on other cars) for slightly more, so I'm a bit torn between the two.

Any change in your opinion of the pads?

It's time for new rotors and pads on my '15 Sedona and Rockauto has the DFC 5000 Advanced ceramic pads on closeout. I'm looking to pair them with a set of coated rotors. Do you recall what the friction rating on the pads were?

This is a heavy vehicle so I'm trying to maximize brake performance. RA has Raybestos EHT pads (which are GG rated and I've been pleased with on other cars) for slightly more, so I'm a bit torn between the two.
No change. No issues to report.
Keep in mind that not all DFC part numbers include hardware. Subjectively, they also do not look as nice as the Raybestos pads.

R1 Concepts, Inc.
13140 Midway PI.
Cerritos,CA 90703

DynamicFriction
13140 Midway PI.
Cerritos, CA 90703

I don't care for reboxer brands. Compete against yourself to increase market share.

Centric also has a few suppliers in Thailand. Pretty sure R1 way back when were identical to the Centrics when the youngsters went on a drilled/slotted rush with their winged and rimmed Civics years back. Supposedly R1 had their own mills to slot/drill/finish cast blanks or solid rotors for the lookatmyrotor crowd. I wonder if they are still a machine shop or now just a reseller warehouse. Anyone in Cerritos Ca drop by their address for a tour?

R1 Concepts, Inc.
13140 Midway PI.
Cerritos,CA 90703

DynamicFriction
13140 Midway PI.
Cerritos, CA 90703

I don't care for reboxer brands. Compete against yourself to increase market share.

Centric also has a few suppliers in Thailand. Pretty sure R1 way back when were identical to the Centrics when the youngsters went on a drilled/slotted rush with their winged and rimmed Civics years back. Supposedly R1 had their own mills to slot/drill/finish cast blanks or solid rotors for the lookatmyrotor crowd. I wonder if they are still a machine shop or now just a reseller warehouse. Anyone in Cerritos Ca drop by their address for a tour?
Many of those aftermarket brands use the same suppliers out of Asia. The products on the market today are more similar than you would like to believe. Very few suppliers have the capital to have their own factories in Asia.

And in regards to Centric:

R1 Concepts, Inc.
13140 Midway PI.
Cerritos,CA 90703

DynamicFriction
13140 Midway PI.
Cerritos, CA 90703

Yes I know I’m reviving an old thread.

I wanted to share that a few months ago I bought a set of front rotors for the CX-5 knowing they’d be getting swapped out soon. Ended up giving R1 Geospec rotors a shot as they had a good deal on them. What I received however was the DFC Geospec.

Tonight I finally changed the pads/rotors and thought the R1/DFC rotors looked great and the ventilation actually looked better than that on the Raybestos rotors being replaced. Did a short bed in on them and they performed great right out the gate. Curious to see how they aged.

For those curious, front rotors and pads were replaced (R1/DFC rotors and Raybestos E3 pads) and the rear got a pad slap (Raybestos E3) as the rotors have plenty of life on them and have worn well.

Yes I know I’m reviving an old thread.

I wanted to share that a few months ago I bought a set of front rotors for the CX-5 knowing they’d be getting swapped out soon. Ended up giving R1 Geospec rotors a shot as they had a good deal on them. What I received however was the DFC Geospec.

Tonight I finally changed the pads/rotors and thought the R1/DFC rotors looked great and the ventilation actually looked better than that on the Raybestos rotors being replaced. Did a short bed in on them and they performed great right out the gate. Curious to see how they aged.

For those curious, front rotors and pads were replaced (R1/DFC rotors and Raybestos E3 pads) and the rear got a pad slap (Raybestos E3) as the rotors have plenty of life on them and have worn well.
Almost a year in on the DFC Geospec on the Mazda and I have no complaints and so far would continue to recommend them if price is competative. In fact, it's time to do a front pad/rotor swap on the Giulia and I'll be going with R1 Geospec rotors. Pads will be EBC Redstuff.

Almost a year in on the DFC Geospec on the Mazda and I have no complaints and so far would continue to recommend them if price is competative. In fact, it's time to do a front pad/rotor swap on the Giulia and I'll be going with R1 Geospec rotors. Pads will be EBC Redstuff.
At some point after the initial post, I replaced the DFC pads and rotors with a set of the Akebono pads and rotors. I don't recall the exact reason for doing this, but I'll say that the newer Akebono pads did not perform at the same level as the OE pads nor the DFC's. The Akebono's have since been removed and the DFC's are back on.

Back