Dwindling Excitement....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question here....

I realize that the sale is over, but in previous months/years, there has always been seemingly major excitement over the $2.49/qt. Napa Synthetic sale. I'm curious as to why the excitement has dwindled down. Is it because it comes about on a more frequent basis? Or are individuals just choosing to shy away from the oil itself?

Not sure what made me think about this (could be the beer).... but I did!

Originally Posted By: abycat
I can get pp for 19.99 for 4.4L so the 2.49$ for that doesn't seem very appealing.

Although the Napa is still 12.50$ for 5quarts (pretty much 5 L) so its still cheaper..

I can get pp for 19.99 for 4.4L so the 2.49$ for that doesn't seem very appealing.

I guess, but for the individuals that are on a budget, that difference of ~$8 for 5 quarts will be close to buying you a very good filter and the Napa Syn, for the cost of just the PP. Granted it's not a huge difference for the peace of mind, but for budgets, it's great.

Originally Posted By: Recalculating
NAPA Synthetic for $2.49? Frequently? Where?

It's been pretty much every other month lately in my area.

Originally Posted By: Recalculating
Pass me a beer! I'll drink to that.

I'll send you one snail mail. Haha

It has to be a regional sale. Have seen $3.49. Never $2.49. $2.49 for a synthetic is worth stocking up for.

Cancel the beer run.... Crawl... Whatever snails do...

Originally Posted By: Rolla07

Although the Napa is still 12.50$ for 5quarts (pretty much 5 L) so its still cheaper..

I know it's cheaper but I'd still pay 8$ a change for some very good oil instead of decent stuff. Just saying. Good deal for asyn I'll have to admit though.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
You guys mean 3.49?

Ahhhh cr*p... lol... see it was the beer. Yes, 3.49. A simple typo left my mind wandering. Still, even at 3.49 it's not a bad deal.

But even so, I do not retract my original question. 3.49 used to be a big deal around here.

NAPA has good parts.
Only problem is their prices...

They are my "go to" place for "big bones", starters, radiators, alternators, etc...

Too time consuming to even consider doing the job twice...
Pay the extra $$$ , and get a part you know will work, and is made (or re-made) well...

I think the dwindling excitement is because of the frequency of the sale. When it first started, it was like "WOW, look at the sale on a quality synthetic." Now it's more like "Hey, NAPA synthetic is on sale again."

It's a good oil, I'd use it without hesitation.

I think it's a very good deal at $3.49 a quart but PQIA shows it to be somewhat different (at least the 5w30) than Valvoline Synpower with regards to cold flow properties.
I don't know if this means a different base oil is used or what....

My large stash of $1/qt oil, FAR oil, $3/qt Mobil-1 TDT, $3/qt Royal Purple. It'll be years before I'm out.

lol. I have completely run out of my last stash of Napa Syn, and am left with only a case of Formula Shell sitting there untouched from an old Menards sale. I guess I could use the Formula Shell up, I just like to have the peice of mind to run a syn or synblend in the EX. Maybe I am worrying too much about running a dino in there even though it is not a car that is out of the norm.
21.gif

It's pretty much the only time I stop in my local Napa is for the $3.49/qt sale. That's an absolute steal for the 0w20 that my Subaru recommends.

The only game(s) in town for car parts for me is Napa and CarQuest. I usually call around to both and go to whoever has what I need in stock. It's usually CQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back